The successful candidate will:
• Be a team player, committed to departmental priorities
• Demonstrate consistently positive progress with their teaching groups
• Be committed to using evidence-based pedagogy in their own classroom, to drive standards in Maths
• Be determined that all students should have the best opportunity for success.
Huxlow Academy is a fully inclusive school, located in Irthlingborough, East Northamptonshire. Our students are a
vibrant and varied mix that bring an energy that is not found in many other schools. The loyalty the students show for
the staff and community, whom they recognise care so deeply about them, is what makes Huxlow a very rewarding
and fun place to work. If you want to work with a team committed to making a difference to the lives of the young
people in our community, we want to hear from you!
The Maths department at Huxlow is a closeknit and supportive team, comprising of experience teachers, ECTs and
non-specialists. GCSE outcomes in 2022 were in line with National results and we are keen to build on this success in
the future. We have recently introduced an exciting new KS3 curriculum which is being enjoyed by students. There
are also opportunities for collaboration with schools within TOVE Trust to share expertise and support the
development of Maths teaching at Huxlow.
• To develop a curiosity, excitement, and passion for Maths within students at Huxlow.
• To contribute to raising standards of student attainment and build a culture of excellence in all classes.
• To monitor and support the overall progress and development of students as a Teacher/Form Tutor
• To provide a learning experience which gives the students the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
• To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students
and to support the Maths curriculum area as appropriate.
• To share and support the school’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic
For full details of the vacancy, please see the job pack.
The Trustees of Tove Learning Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This job post has expired.