We are looking for a Teacher of German who has a passion for their subject, a desire to pass this on to students and an ability to combine this with excellent classroom practice.
We have an opportunity to appoint a dynamic and innovative Teacher of German to teach German throughout the school at Key Stages 3, 4 and 5 and an ability to teach an additional language would be an advantage but not essential. We would welcome applications Early Career Teachers or an enthusiastic established Teacher.
The successful candidate will be someone who will inspire pupils and the staff they work with and build strong relationships with our parents, carers and community partners. Applications are invited from creative and ambitious colleagues who can make a substantial impact on our continuous improvement.
Fortis Academy is a very large 11-18 academy serving a local area of high-density housing in Birmingham’s outer suburbs. The Academy is the largest employer in the ward, with over 200 employees. It is part of the North Area Network of schools, one of six network regions in the city. The setting is uniquely split into a Foundation Academy and Senior Academy.
Fortis Academy’s vision is Enriching Lives. This is underpinned by the values of Character, Resilience and Aspiration. Our curriculum centres around three key areas; a rich and ambitious knowledge-based academic curriculum, a continuous attention to physical and mental well-being, with increasing use of 21st century technologies to support improved outcomes. We believe this combination will help our students lead confident, healthy, and fulfilled lives as adults and ready for the world of work.
Colleagues within the Trust benefit from:
- Access to a full range of courses both in-house and professionally accredited. These courses include all of the National Professional Qualifications – NPQH, NPQSL, NPQEYL, NPQLL, NPQLT, NPQLTD, NPQLBC are all delivered by the Shaw Education Trust as a delivery partner for Ambition Institute. In addition, we provide access to the NPQEL for Executive Leaders.
- Experienced leadership and subject-specific support.
- Guidance from former HMIs and serving Ofsted Inspectors within the Trust.
- Access to the Trust’s Institute of Education and SCITT.
- Opportunities to work with different schools within the Trust as a Professional Advocate.
- Participating in peer reviews.
- Access to a suite of online courses.
- Placement projects within our family of schools.
Shaw Education Trustare a thriving mix of diverse and growing schools including Primary, Secondary and Special Schools all working together to improve the lives of young people in our communities. We are sponsored by Shaw Trust a charity organisation that focuses on transforming lives. Our schools span from Birmingham to Bury, meaning that we can support students from all walks of life, no matter their background or socioeconomic status. In doing this, we can help ensure all children are able to access a high standard of education, with all being treated equally.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
Visas cannot be sponsored.