- MPS/UPS (£25,714-£41,604)
Teacher of Science job summary
About the Post
Are you seeking a role that will excite and energise you? Would you relish the opportunity to join an exciting and progressive journey to transform education across our community?
We are seeking an inspirational and highly motivated teacher of Science to join our talented and forward-thinking department as we continue to transform education across our town. In September 2021 Twynham School and The Grange School (TGS) federated staffing structures enabling us to launch an ambitious and progressive vision for the education provided by our two schools. Whilst this post will be based at Twynham School we are seeking colleagues who will be committed to our work across the town and will be ambitious for further opportunities across our two schools.
This is a truly exceptional opportunity for a talented colleague.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an outstanding individual who will relish the opportunity to:
• Teach Science across Key Stage 3 and 4 (with potential for specialist Key Stage 5 teaching)
• Further improve outcomes in Science
• Contribute to the further development of the Twynham Learning Science curriculum
• Passionately promote the disadvantaged agenda working with exceptional colleagues to provide our students with the very best life chances
You are likely to be someone who:
• Is an inspirational and skilled classroom teacher
• Has an acute understanding of effective pedagogy
• Understands how to enable students to achieve at the highest level
• Believes in the power of education and wider educational experiences to transform the lives of the most disadvantaged
• Will embrace our highly supportive, professional approach to school improvement
Twynham School and The Grange School can offer you:
• The chance to be a part of an exciting educational journey alongside highly regarding professionals
• The opportunity to work with exceptional colleagues and wonderful young people and their families
• An exceptional CPD offer from NQT and RQT through to preparation for senior and system leadership
• Strong and supportive leadership, who place value on learning beyond the classroom
• The opportunity to work within Twynham Learning; a progressive multi-academy trust
• The opportunity to live in one of the most beautiful areas of the South Coast
You will also be keen to live our Twynham Learning employee values which are:
• Aim high
• Keep improving
• Don’t leave anyone behind
• See the bigger picture
Applying for the job
How to apply
To apply for this vacancy, please submit an Application Form by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only applications on the Twynham Learning official ‘Application Form –Teaching Posts’ will be accepted. You can download the forms here: www.twynhamlearning.com/187/staff-vacancies
The closing date is Monday 23rd May 2022 at 8am.
Twynham Learning values diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to eliminate unlawful discrimination and promote diversity throughout our whole workforce. We want our workforce to be representative of all sections of our community, so we give equal opportunities to all job applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability status, gender reassignment, marital/partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, race/colour/national origin, religion/belief, sex or sexual orientation. Only people who can evidence their right to work in the UK will be considered for this vacancy. We are committed to robust Safer Recruitment processes as part of our strong commitment to safeguard children and young people. An enhanced criminal records check will be undertaken on the successful candidate. Candidates must disclose all unprotected spent and unspent cautions and convictions. It is an offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity with children.More on how to apply (opens in a new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.