- Job role
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- Main Scale
Aston Fields Middle School
‘An Outstanding School’ (Ofsted)
‘A National Support School’ (NCTL)
Post Title: Teacher of Science
Salary: Main Scale
Contract: Full time and Permanent
Required from 1st September 2022
Closing Date: Monday 24th January 2022 9am
Interview Date: Tuesday 8th February 2022
Aston Fields Middle School, Drummond Road, Bromsgrove. B60 2ET
Telephone: 01527 876026
Fax: 01527 574798
Headteacher: Mr S P Cox
A rare opportunity has become available to secure a teaching post in one of the country’s best middle schools. The Governing Body wishes to appoint a Teacher of Science on a full time and permanent basis.
We are an oversubscribed, very popular school, and our school community is committed to excellence. Our pupils are motivated to learn and their behaviour is outstanding. In June 2014, Ofsted rated the school as ‘Outstanding’ with ‘Outstanding’ grades awarded for all areas. In February 2015, the National College of Teaching and Leadership designated the school as a National Support School.
We are looking for a Teacher of Science with enthusiasm and a passion for learning who will:
• Be an inspirational teacher with very high standards and expectations of children’s learning and behaviour, and who is relentless in their desire to raise standards and ensure all children reach their potential.
• Be a ‘people person’ demonstrating exceptional inter-personal skills.
• Be committed to safeguarding all children.
• Possess excellent organisational skills.
• Motivate to inspire others in the pursuit of excellence.
• Promote inclusion as the heart of school improvement.
If you are interested in working in an exciting, forward thinking, and ‘Outstanding’ National Support School, with a real focus on ‘learning’ and professional development, then we would like to hear from you.
In return we offer you:
- Very talented and supportive staff team.
- Exceptionally supportive Governing Body.
- Highly effective opportunities for CPD, career progression and NQT support.
- An opportunity to work in an ‘Outstanding’ school, designated by the NCTL as a National Support School.
- An opportunity to work in a school that is part of an outstanding and secure pyramid of schools, working exceptionally closely with outstanding feeder first schools, South Bromsgrove High School which is an outstanding Teaching School and the Bromsgrove Middle Schools Learning Partnership. Transport links in this area are excellent.
Applications must be on official Worcestershire County Council job application forms obtained through the school. CV’s will not be accepted. Further details and application forms are available from Mrs H Hines, School Secretary. Visitors to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Please contact Mrs Hines to make an appointment.
We are an equal opportunities employer and committed to promoting safeguarding and the welfare of children. There is an expectation that all staff are committed to the promotion of fundamental British values. The post is subject to a DBS and qualification check.
Applying for the job
Applications must be on official Worcestershire County Council job application forms obtained through the school. CV's will not be accepted. Further details and application forms are available from Mrs H Hines, School Secretary.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.