We are looking for an outstanding science teacher with the ability to teach up to A level in any of the three sciences. The science department is a leading department at the school, and you will have the opportunity to teach in a cohesive and well-resourced team.
You will need to be either an outstanding classroom practitioner already, or an ECT that can demonstrate the potential to become outstanding quickly, with a commitment to continuous professional development.
You need to have the ability to inspire and develop both staff and students in order to raise standards and maximise potential.
At West Somerset College we aim to provide a rich and varied education for all of our students. We believe that ensuring students realise their full potential depends upon a continuous drive for excellence by our staff.
What we offer:
- Employee Rewards scheme – High Street discounts, Staff Wellbeing centre
- Discounted Gym Membership
- A Trust wide leadership competencies framework
- A professional leadership development coach
- A Trust wide staff wellbeing policy
- Personalised professional development supported by an exceptional team within the Academy and driven through The Continual Professional Growth Policy which replaces appraisal and pay progression
Please note, although we are ideally looking for a full-time colleague, we are open to discussing flexible working options
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps