Teacher of Science
Haygrove School, Bridgwater, Somerset
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Subjects||Chemistry, Biology, Physics|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,373 to £40,490|
We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and forward thinking practitioner of Science with a passion for their subject, and the ability to teach all sciences at KS3 and KS4, to join our outstanding team from September 2020. If you are a determined individual with a drive to ensuring students reach their potential, and who can make a significant contribution to our highly successful Science department, then we’d love to hear from you.
Essential educational requirements
• Educated to degree standard or equivalent or a related qualification.
• Completed a PGCE in Science
Recognised Qualified Teacher Status
• A commitment to continuing professional development, working to develop professional standards.
Desirable: Ability to teach KS4 Physics and/or Chemistry
Essential skills and experience
• Proven ability to teach Science to GCSE standard.
• Excellent subject knowledge in the post advertised
• Demonstrate success in raising achievement
• Understand the National Curriculum requirements and national strategies to raise student achievement
• Able to demonstrate planning to achieve a purposeful and effective learning environment.
• Able to make good use of Assessment for Learning strategies.
• A commitment to providing stimulating and innovative lessons.
• Excellent ICT skills for personal organisation and to raise standards of learning.
• Confident in the use of data, able to provide analysis and measure impact of interventions
• Appreciates the key role of the tutor in promoting the well-being and progress of each student.
• Strong behaviour management skills
• A personalised professional development programme
• An inspirational staff team who willingly support each other
• A caring ethos that inspires success for all
• Well motivated and enthusiastic learners
• A wide range of extra-curricular activities
• A full programme of induction and support for new staff
• A culture of high expectation and professional standards
|School size||1063 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 16|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Haygrove School website (opens in a new window)|
Durleigh Road, Bridgwater, Somerset, TA6 7HW