Teacher of Science
Stowupland High School, Stowmarket, Suffolk
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,373 to £40,490|
As a Main Pay Range teacher, you are required to be competent in all elements of the Teacher Standards, to discharge the Teachers’ Responsibilities, as set out in the Contractual Framework for Teachers of the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document, and to act in accordance with the School’s ethos, policies and practices, under the direction of the Headteacher.
In addition to the duties and responsibilities of a Main Pay Range teacher, an Upper Pay Range Teacher is required to be highly competent in all elements of the Teacher Standards, to ensure that your achievements and contribution to the School are substantial and sustained.
• To make a positive contribution and support the ethos and culture of the school as defined by the Headteacher
• To facilitate high standards of learning attainment and achievement by providing quality teaching within a safe and stimulating environment
Essential educational requirements
Good Honours Degree (First or Second Class)
Appropriate Degree Qualified Teacher
Essential skills and experience
Understanding of current curriculum issues.
Enthusiasm for the subject. Understanding of the importance of the inter- relationship between all areas of the curriculum in a secondary school.
Ability to teach at Key Stage 3, 4 and 5.
Knowledge of ICT applications.
Willingness to deliver the School’s PSHE programme.
Understanding of good classroom management techniques. Ability to be part of a Department team and a Year team
Understanding the importance of the partnership between parents and Stowupland High School
Ability to develop good relationships.
Good communication skills High level of commitment to the School.
Ability to work in a team, follow instructions and be self-organising.
Record of good attendance
• an inclusive and friendly school community that is well supported by the Trust and Governing Body;
• a strong focus on CPD, action research and team working;
• a teaching and learning culture built on innovation and ‘risk-taking’ to ensure the best outcomes for all students;
• high expectations for students;
• a highly successful induction programme for new staff and NQTs.
|School size||992 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Stowupland High School website (opens in a new window)|
About Stowupland High School
Church Road, Stowmarket, Suffolk, IP14 4BQ