Harris Academy Morden is looking for a Teaching Assistant to support individuals and groups of students to enable access to learning, contributing to the development and maintenance of a purposeful, nurturing learning environment.
We would like to hear from you if you have:
- Qualifications to degree level or equivalent
- Some knowledge of strategies in working with young people with challenging behaviours
- Knowledge of some of the social issues facing students from disadvantaged backgrounds
- Awareness of Health and Safety issues in the workplace.
- Experience of working directly with young people in an education or training environment, supporting the learning of students.
- Experience of establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with a range of stakeholders, at all levels.
- Experience of managing and being responsible for own workload.
For a full job description and person specification, please download the Job Pack.
At Harris Academy Morden we pride ourselves on the inclusive approach and caring environment we have developed.Ofsted 2018 ‘A very strong sense of community is evident throughout the school'.
Staff well-being is at the heart of our academy. We have a sensible marking policy, organised marking sessions to give staff time to mark and a two week October half term holiday.
also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan, electric car scheme, 26 days' annual leave (plus bank holidays) for non term-time only employees, and many other benefits.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Supervising and supporting identified students, in 1:1, group or whole class situations, ensuring their safety and access to learning
- Assisting in the development of appropriate resources, schemes of work and teaching strategies, working with the teacher to ensure the provision supports each identified student's learning needs
- Assisting in evaluating identified students' progress through agreed assessment activities
- Providing detailed and regular feedback to teachers on students' achievement, progress and needs
- Leading small group sessions and interventions as appropriate
- Attending to the students' personal needs where required
- Supporting with behaviour management, using appropriate strategies in line with academy policy
- Contributing to creating a purposeful and supportive learning environment
- Undertaking structured and agreed learning activities/teaching programmes as appropriate, adjusting activities to ensure achievement of learning goals
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, references, an online search, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed.
This job post has expired.