- KS1, KS2
- Full time equivalent salary range £24,012 to £27,041 FTE
Teaching Assistant BSL trained job summaryBritish Sign Language Teaching Assistant - Required ASAP
Muscliff Primary School is a vibrant, popular school in Bournemouth where children are happy, and staff are committed to improving standards and providing exciting purposeful learning experiences for all children.
We have a strong team ethos and focus on creating a supportive nurturing environment for our children, built on positive relationships between home and school.
We are looking for highly motivated, enthusiastic Teaching Assistant, who is qualified in British Sign Language Level 3 (or currently undertaking the Level 3 course) to join us. The successful candidate will work closely with class teachers to support a child who uses British Sign Language to communicate. This is a full time, (8.15-3.30pm) permanent position. The salary range will be £24,012 to £27,041 FTE
The role will require the successful candidate to:
• Bridge the communication barrier between a pupil who uses British Sign Language and hearing peers/adults, to ensure inclusion
• Deliver teacher input through British Sign Language in all curriculum areas
• Adapt activities, resources and materials to ensure inclusion of pupil
• Develop and progress pupil’s expressive and receptive sign
• Ensure participation in learning and promote pupil’s sense of achievement
• Liaise with teacher and professionals working with pupil to ensure progress in both academic achievement and emotional well being
• Establish good relationships with parents and ensure they are informed of pupil’s learning, achievements and areas of development.
• Upskill staff and pupils in basic British Sign Language enabling communication between pupil and peers/ staff
The right person will:
• Have experience working with children or adults that are Deaf
• Understand the impact that Deafness has on children and their learning
• Be creative and flexible in the way you work
• Passionate about supporting and enriching children’s learning
• Have good literacy and numeracy skills
• Be committed to your own professional development
• Be a team player who will embrace the opportunity to be part of our committed, highly skilled staff team.
If you would enjoy being part of our successful, friendly school, we would like to hear from you.
For further details and an application form, please ask at the school office. We will also accept online applications. Please download the form on the school website (‘About us: Vacancies’) and return to email@example.com.
Our School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Rigorous checks will be made of the successful applicant’s background credentials, including enhanced DBS checks.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Muscliff Primary School
- School type
- Academy, ages 5 to 11
- School size
- 623 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 5 to 11
We are a school that is forward thinking and respond to the needs of today’s children and anticipate the changing world and society that they will walk into. At the same time, however, we keep our values at our core and never deviate from our strong sense of moral purpose, framing our curriculum and learning around the ‘Muscliff Way.’
We are proud of our vision and the atmosphere we generate and encourage you to explore our website to find out more about our wonderful school.
Arranging a visit to Muscliff Primary School
Please phone for a chat with the SENCo (Becca Lewis) about the role. 01202 549654