Salary: Scale 3, Spinal Column Points 7 - 10: £22,682 - £23,882 per annum (Pro Rata £19,114 - £20,125)
Required: September 2022
Contract/Duration: Permanent, full time, term time only
Location: SE3 0XX, Blackheath, London Borough of Lewisham
-Are you an experienced Teaching Assistant who is looking for a new and exciting challenge?
-Or are you looking for a job which can fit around school working hours and holidays?
-Or perhaps you are a graduate interested in the teaching profession and want to find out more about what this entails?
If yes, then this could be the perfect role for you! We have a fantastic opportunity to appoint a committed and enthusiastic TA to join the Inclusion team here at St Matthew Academy, a high performing school where pupils flourish both academically and socially. In October 2019 Ofsted confirmed SMA as a good school where all pupils, through their hard work and commitment, are able to ‘let their light shine’. We are now on the next stage of the journey to becoming a truly great school at the heart of the community we serve.
What does the role involve? The main aim is to support our teachers to deliver high quality learning experiences for all of our pupils and enabling their Light to Shine. This role may be in either the primary or secondary phase of our All Through Academy.
Daily tasks will include:
• Assisting pupils with their educational and social development on an individual and group basis
• Liaising with the class teacher and SENDco and contributing to individual plans for pupils
• Carrying out group and individual interventions
• Liaising with support agencies
The successful candidate will be:
• Passionate about enabling every child to exceed expectations
• Interested in a career in education
• Able to motivate, challenge and inspire pupils to succeed
• Committed to ensuring high expectations for pupils, staff and themselves
• Well organised, an excellent communicator and keen to take an active role in academy life
• An active promoter of our Catholic ethos
• Fully support and drive the Academy’s aim to ensure equality and diversity permeates throughout the Academy
• Fantastic pupils with enormous potential
• Staff who are supportive to each other and enjoy working collaboratively
• Personalised programme of professional development and coaching for all staff
• A modern building, in a delightful setting and excellent resources
• Excellent public transport and road links across London and Kent
• Fully equipped gym and fitness suite, Season Ticket Loan, Cycle-to-work scheme, Tech Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme
• A strong commitment to staff well-being
Our school motto is ‘let your light shine’ and we ensure that we live this vision every day.
To apply, you are required to complete our school application form. Please request an application form from Ellie Field at email@example.com or call Ellie on 0207 259 8770 for more information.
Your application is a permanent application to our school (not through agency), Hays is our recruitment partner for all permanent appointments.
For more information about the Academy you can also visit www.stmatthewacademy.co.uk and our Twitter account https://twitter.com.stMattAcad