- Job role
- Teaching assistant
SEND responsibilities (special educational needs and disabilities)
- Working pattern
- Term time
- Contract type
- NJC Scale 4 (7-10) £24,279 - £25,614
We are looking to appoint Teaching Assistants for our SEMH Resource Base within The Elmgreen School, who have a passion to see students with SEMH succeed and a commitment to ensuring they are supported to achieve.
This role is an exciting position for an individual looking to work with young people with SEMH. As a Teaching Assistant, you will:
● Encourage students to interact with others and engage in activities led by teachers
● Set challenging and demanding expectations and promote self-esteem and independence.
● Attend to the student's behaviour and foster a culture of positive behaviour for learning
● Help students develop resilience and independence, both learning in lessons and forming positive relationships with peers and staff
● Establish good relationships with all students, acting as a role model and being aware of and responding appropriately to individual needs
● To develop and enhance expertise in supporting students with complex social, emotional and mental health needs by attending training and working alongside relevant internal and external professionals such as psychologists and therapists.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.