Early years, KS1
Fixed term (The position will be temporary as the vacancy is only available subject to the child remaining on roll and their needs.)
Grade to be negotiated on experience
We are looking to appoint two special support teaching assistants to join our friendly team. Required for September 2021 with two induction days in July 2021 (Wednesday 14th and Thursday 15th July). Grade to be negotiated on experience. 27½ hours per week, term time only. This post is to support a Reception child with additional needs. The position will be temporary as the vacancy is only available subject to the child remaining on roll and their needs. Experience in the following areas would be advantageous:
1. Speech and Language experience with specific knowledge of Makaton.
2. A knowledge of working with a child one to one and also support inclusivity.
3. Experience of a range of strategies to support ASD needs.
4. Knowledge of developing self-care and manual handling certificate.
5. Experience of first aid.
6. Ability to communicate effectively with parents and outside agencies.
The school is committed to safeguarding pupils and this post will require an enhanced DBS, ID and reference checks.
Applying for the job
If you are interested in the TA with SEN allowance position, please contact Astwood Bank Primary School via the office email address: firstname.lastname@example.org and request an application form.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.