Teaching Assistant - Level 3
7 days remaining to apply
Start date details
9 June 2023 at 12pm (midday)
23 May 2023
- Key stage 2
- View all Part timejobs - 27.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday 8:45am to 3:15pm with 1 hour unpaid lunch
- SCP 7 - 11 (£22,369 - £24,054.00)
What skills and experience we're looking for
Great Staughton Primary Academy seek to appoint an inspirational, dedicated, enthusiastic and caring Level 3 Teaching Assistant, with experience working across the Key Stage 2 curriculum, to join our experienced team. The role will be in a 1:1 capacity for a child with complex Special Educational Needs.
Experience of working with children with additional needs is essential. By showing flexibility in approach and an empathy to the challenges of children, the right candidate will be there to inspire and support children through their learning journeys.
We are looking for someone with relevant experience who will bring enthusiasm and a commitment to children's learning to our happy and friendly school.
The right candidate will need to be adaptable, enthusiastic, highly motivated and have the ability to work as part of a team. They must demonstrate full commitment to the school and its aim to raise standards. Every day you will be assisting in teaching language, English and Maths and helping the class reach the early learning goals of the national curriculum, along with encouraging good behavior.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have the ability to build good relationships with children, parents/carers and colleagues;
- Have commitment to equal opportunities;
- Be flexible and have experience of using different strategies to achieve the desired outcomes.
- Have the ability to work in a team but also to use your own initiative;
- Have good organisational and time management skills;
- Have the ability to manage complex individuals and whole classes well and deal with low-level challenging behaviour;
- Have excellent communication skills;
- Have a good understanding of the KS2 curriculum and expectations;
- Have patience and a good sense of humour.
What the school offers its staff
Further benefits include;
- A collaborative approach to working;
- Opportunities to train/work with other academies within the Diamond Learning Partnership Trust to share best practice and resources;
- A friendly and professional team;
- An engaged parent body
- Strong and supportive relationships with the Cambridgeshire SEND team.
- Local Government Pension Scheme;
- Discounted Childcare Vouchers;
- A caring and supportive working environment.
Great Staughton Primary Academy is part of the Diamond Learning Partnership Trust, a charitable multi-academy trust (MAT) specialising in the Primary sector. We are building a thriving community of schools that succeed on behalf of their children. The Family of Academies within the Trust currently incorporates 14 schools. As such, joining our MAT means joining an organisation with an array of developmental and career opportunities.
The successful candidate will be eligible for the following benefits upon commencement of employment:
- Auto-enrolment into a contributory pension scheme (TPS for teachers and LGPS for support staff)
- Free on-site parking
- CPD through internal and external providers
- Salary sacrifice schemes such as Cycle to Work
Further details about the role
Application forms together with a job description are available to download from our school website at https://www.greatstaughton.cambs.sch.uk/
Application forms with covering letter should be sent to HR@diamondlearningtrust.com or posted to:
Head of HR
Winhills Primary Academy
Off Duck Lane
The Diamond Learning Partnership Trust is an equal opportunities employer, committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to have two satisfactory references and an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Applying for the job
Please download the application form using the link below, and once completed send to firstname.lastname@example.orgDownload an application form - 185 KB
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Great Staughton Primary Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 4 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 91 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01480 860324
Arranging a visit to Great Staughton Primary Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Fulbourn Primary School
School Lane, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, CB21 5BH
Springfield Boulevard, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK6 3HW
Teaching Assistant and Play Worker
Kings Hedges Primary School
Northfield Avenue, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, CB4 2HU
Teaching Assistant, 30 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
Moulton Primary School
Church Hill, Northampton, Northamptonshire, NN3 7SW
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough