Annual or full time equivalent salary
- Annual Salary Range (£19,264 - £20,043 FTE)
- £12,334 - £12,832
Teaching Assistant job summary
Lockyer’s Middle School is seeking to recruit Teaching Assistants to join our friendly staff for September 2022.
We are seeking to appoint suitably qualified candidates to work Monday to Friday who may have previous experience working in a school environment. We are looking for candidates who are enthusiastic about working in our school. They will demonstrate a commitment to developing themselves fully as a professional whilst supporting our school ethos to ensure that our children continue to grow and enjoy success with their learning.
Reporting to the SEND Lead, this role will require you to:
● demonstrate the ability to support groups within the classroom
● withdraw pupils in small groups to run a programme, that support pupils’ specific areas for development, using your own initiative to select resources
● provide targeted support in lessons including English and Mathematics
● work alongside children on a one to one basis supporting individual learning needs
● support our children at lunchtime as part of our lunch supervision team.
In addition to this we are looking for candidates who are able to:
● train as an ELSA to enable them to support our pupils social and emotional wellbeing
● support extra-curricular activities
● train to provide first aid support across the school and on visits.
We recommend that you visit our website to learn more about our school and our vision and values.
The Trust values the diversity of our workforce and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
Applying for the job
Please apply online via the Dorset Council website https://jobs.dorsetcouncil.gov.uk/
CVs are not accepted.More on how to apply (opens in a new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.