We are looking for a Teaching Assistant for our large 4 form entry junior school in Gravesend.
The role is for 31.25 hours per week Monday to Friday, term time only.
The salary is based on Kent Range 3 £21,293 FTE. The actual pro-rata salary is £15,206.58 based on 31.25 hours per week, 38 weeks per year.
Previous experience of working in a school is required and a Teaching Assistant qualification or equivalent is preferable.
A good standard of English and Maths is essential.
This post requires someone with a calm, patient disposition and an ability to work as part of a team.
Are you the kind of person who:
- Likes working with children?
- Is hard working and conscientious?
- Is an excellent communicator?
- Is organised and efficient?
- Is friendly and flexible?
In return we can offer:
- The opportunity to join a team in a friendly and welcoming work environment
- An effective induction.
- Training, development, mentoring and coaching
- Additional support from The Golden Thread Alliance Trust’s experienced Central Team
- Wonderful children!
Our staff benefits package includes:
- Commitment to your ongoing Continued Professional Development
- Two family days
- Half-day Christmas Shopping Leave
- Access to Local Government Pension scheme/Teachers’ Pensions
- Eyecare vouchers through Specsavers
- Annual Flu Jab offer for all staff
- Employee Assistance Programme to support your wellbeing
The Golden Thread Alliance is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020 and therefore is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure. In line with KCSIE guidance, paragraph 220, all candidates who are shortlisted will be subject to an online search. This search is not part of the shortlisting process itself and all shortlisted candidates will have the opportunity to address any issues of concern resulting from the search.
Two references are also required prior to commencement of employment.
Early applications are encouraged and The Golden Thread Alliance reserves the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
Visas cannot be sponsored.