Temporary SEND Coordinator - Maternity Cover
The opportunity has arisen for a well-qualified and enthusiastic full time temporary SENCO to join our thriving and highly successful department due to Maternity Cover. The post holder will be required to teach across the full age and ability range. The post holder will have a significantly reduced teaching timetable to facilitate improving outcomes for SEND students.
Applications are welcome from teachers at any stage in their career and would be desirable from teachers holding or working towards the National Award for SENCOs, though this is not a pre-requisite for the positon.
There has never been a better time to join Lostock High School. You will join a dynamic team with a singular vision: to improve access to education for all. We pride ourselves on engaging pupils, making learning exciting and rewarding, and on our tenacity. You will help to lead a strong team of individuals who are committed to improving life chances for young people, and who believe in preparing pupils not just for exams, but for life.
Essential educational requirements
PGCE or other recognised teaching qualification
Eligibility to live and work in the UK
Essential skills and experience
• A commitment to high quality work, including good ICT skills
• Experience of working with young people
• Successful teaching experience in the secondary phases
• Experience and good working knowledge of the National Curriculum, including new curriculum and specifications for KS3 and KS4
• Experience of working with SEND and EAL pupils
TLR £4116 pro rata
You will be well supported by the Senior Leadership Team who are focused on teaching and learning, and by a comprehensive programme of induction and training to ensure your individual needs are met.
About Lostock High School
- Selby Road, Manchester, M32 9PL
- LA Maintained School
- Lostock High School website (opens in a new window)