Trust Wide Lead - Maths
The Trust Wide Lead will be responsible for the strategic development of all aspects of Mathematics learning and attainment across up to four academies across the Trust. The Trust Wide Lead will work closely with the current leaders of mathematics at each site to coach, develop and support them in creating an outstanding mathematics reputation for Archway Learning Trust.
The Trust Wide Lead has a duty to promote high quality in all aspects of the work of the team by maintaining high standards of achievement and ensuring that all students fulfil their potential through effective teaching and learning, and high expectations.
There is currently a network of around fifty mathematics teachers across the Trust. It is anticipated that this will soon grow to about one hundred. The Trust Wide Lead is responsible for organising the content and delivery of joint professional development once every half term for the network of teachers.
Essential educational requirements
Relevant ‘A’ Levels (or equivalent) and degree;
Qualified Teacher Status.
Good honours degree (2:1 or better);
Completion of middle/ senior leader CPD.
Essential skills and experience
• Relevant teaching experience or teaching practice
• Experience of working with students of a wide range of abilities and needs, including EAL
• Experience of leading a staff team and whole school projects
• Monitoring, evaluating and reviewing classroom and assessment practice and promoting improvement strategies, challenging underperformance and ensuring corrective action
• Supporting staff in setting high expectations and challenging targets
• Currently working in UK Secondary school
• Relevant ‘life experience’ e.g. time working in business or industry
• Experience of working within a Multi Academy Trust and/or an all-through school (4 -19)
• Experience of working with/ leading teachers from other schools
• Ability to use innovative, active teaching methods;
• Ability to use ICT as a learning/admin tool;
In return we can offer:
• Employee benefits and well-being scheme
• Cycle to work scheme
• Access to Local Government Pension Scheme
• Salary sacrifice bus pass scheme
About Bluecoat Aspley Academy
- Aspley Lane, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG8 5GY
- Bluecoat Aspley Academy website (opens in a new window)