Vice Principal Teaching and Learning / Quality of Education
Required from summer term 2020. For the right candidate we will consider a start date of 1st September 2020.
The Burgess Hill Academy opened as an Academy, sponsored by the University of Brighton Academies Trust, in 2016 and we have made tremendous strides in our journey to become a great school for Burgess Hill. We achieved a Good Ofsted in May 2019 but there is still much to do to realise the full potential of the school.
The Academy is situated in the heart of Burgess Hill on a pleasant 30 Acre site. The Town is in the heart of the beautiful South Downs; a 20 minute drive to the Sea and a 5 minute walk from Burgess Hill mainline station with connections to the bustling sea side of Brighton (10 mins) and London (50mins to Victoria).
We are delighted to present this exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and ambitious school leader. The previous post holder has been promoted to their first headship.
We are looking for someone with the creativity and drive to be integral in leading us to become an outstanding school for Burgess Hill. We need someone who is passionate about making a difference. Our students are amazing and so are our staff. If you have the qualities to be part of the team to take the Academy to the next level, please get in touch.
We are an outward facing organisation and look to learn from best practice nationally
access to great professional development, as part of this Multi Academy Trust
Candidates who wish to have an informal chat or a visit to the Academy before deciding whether to apply should contact Jon Francies, Principal, on 01444 241691 or email@example.com.
The Trust reserves the right to interview and appoint a suitable candidate before the closing date or close the role early if sufficient applications are received.
The University of Brighton Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Essential educational requirements
• Impact of leadership
• Experience as a curriculum leader, including expertise at planning for success at GCSE
• Having significantly contributed to the work of an SLT which has resulted in the success of the wider school.
• Being responsible and accountable for the work of a sizeable team, whose impact has in turn had a positive effect on a school.
• Delivering staff training and undertaking professional development of other teachers.
• Co-ordination of whole staff training programmes that have led to significant and sustained improvements in the quality of teaching.
• Qualified Teacher Status
• Evidence of relevant and substantial CPD
Essential skills and experience
Ability to demonstrate:
• An effective leadership style that inspires confidence and collegiality in those they lead, which motivates and encourages others to participate and go the extra mile.
• Versatility and flexibility in terms of one’s own leadership style. To be aware of different management styles and in which circumstances it is appropriate to adopt an alternative approach.
• Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
• Strong organisational skills
• Resilience and motivation to lead the academy through day-to-day challenges whilst maintaining a clear strategic vision
• A clear understanding of the strategies required to establish consistently high standards of results and behaviour in a challenging inner city school and commitment to relentlessly instilling these strategies
• Ability to lead, coach and motivate staff within a performance management framework, including professional development and effective management of underperformance
We can offer you:
The opportunity to work within an Academy recently classified as ‘Good’ by Ofsted
a calm, positive and innovative learning environment
excellent facilities and resources for staff and students
the opportunity to develop, grow and gain headship experience
About The Burgess Hill Academy
- Station Road, Burgess Hill, West Sussex, RH15 9EA
- The Burgess Hill Academy website (opens in a new window)