Ark Elvin Academy
Vice Principal – Teaching & Learning
Location: Wembley, North-West London – excellent transport links
Salary: £80,281 - £89,629 Ark Leadership Pay Range 20 – 25
Start date: 1st September 2024 with the possibility of an earlier start
Closing date: 9am, Monday 26th February 2024
Interview: w.c. Monday 26th February 2024
Do you have high expectations, a big heart and an attention to detail?
Our mission is to ensure that every pupil leaves Elvin confident, articulate, and culturally aware; able to pursue careers they are passionate about, contribute to society and live happy, healthy and fulfilled lives.
Does our mission inspire you to join our team to do your best work and to develop others to do theirs?
Our school has been on a transformational journey, and we are looking for a new Vice Principal to be part of our team that will lead the next exciting leap forward as we challenge educational disadvantage by defining an ambitious, replicable and sustainable school model that supports children from communities like ours to thrive at top third universities and highly competitive apprenticeships.
About the role:
You will lead our Teaching & Learning team - including two assistant principals and our team of coaches to develop our teachers at all stages of their career. You will ensure that teaching across our school establishes high expectations in every classroom through strong routines, great relationships and the impactful delivery of our curriculum. Our teaching and learning model has been developed over the last 7 years but is constantly reviewed and improved. At the heart of this model is:
- A purposeful, clearly articulated and consistently implemented set of whole school teaching expectations that ensure our lessons are hard working and our pupils think deeply
- A carefully designed and personalised model of professional development that means that every teacher can feel that they are improving their teaching every year of their career
- A developmental coaching model that provides our teachers with tangible action steps and ensures practice and intellectual preparation is at the heart of how we develop our teachers.
You will play a leading role in our senior leadership team alongside the Principal and fellow vice principals to continue to develop our impact as a team and build our nurturing and rigorous school culture.
In recruiting our next Vice Principal for Teaching & Learning, we are seeking the following from applicants:
- An excellent teacher with a proven track record of improving outcomes
- High expectations for pupil behaviour and learning
- An ability to inspire and nurture pupils and staff
- Clear impact of developing teachers at various stages in their career directly through coaching and through the facilitation of impactful training
- A commitment to serving our diverse community in Brent
- Experience of leading impactful subject line management
- A keenness to learn and develop in your role and as a leader
- A great team player with high standards of reliability, professionalism and courteousness.
View the full job description and person specification here.
Why join our school?
At Ark Elvin Academy we are proud of the excellent education we offer each of our pupils. Our team of enthusiastic, high expectations staff have transformed our school from special measures to outstanding in our most recent Ofsted (June 2023). But our work is not done – far from it – our mission is big and bold for our pupils and we are just as excited about the next step in our school improvement journey as we work together to deliver the transformative education our community need and deserve.
We are a large, over-subscribed non-selective secondary school in the London borough of Brent, with excellent transport links to central London. We are committed to ensuring teachers can focus on teaching and have the opportunity to refine and develop their practice in the classroom and develop their leadership skills, we have:
- twice as many training days as is standard
- weekly professional development for all staff.
You will become part of a close-knit professional community of enthusiastic colleagues who benefit from the training, guidance, and support from the Ark network, one of the country’s top performing school groups.
How to apply:
To apply, please submit an application via the Ark recruitment portal by 9am on Monday 26th February.
If you are interested in finding out more? Please email our Briony Stephenson, Principals PA: email@example.com to arrange a call with our Principal, Rebecca Curtis.
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in its academies. In order to meet this responsibility, its academies follow a rigorous selection process to discourage and screen out unsuitable applicants.
Ark requires all employees to undertake an enhanced DBS check. You are required, before appointment, to disclose any unspent conviction, cautions, reprimands or warnings under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975. Non-disclosure may lead to termination of employment. However, disclosure of a criminal background will not necessarily debar you from employment - this will depend upon the nature of the offence(s) and when they occurred. To read more about Ark’s safer recruitment process, please click this link.
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in its academies.
Ark requires all employees to undertake an enhanced DBS check. You are required, before appointment, to disclose any unspent conviction, cautions, reprimands or warnings under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975. Non-disclosure may lead to termination of employment. However, disclosure of a criminal background will not necessarily debar you from employment - this will depend upon the nature of the offence(s) and when they occurred.
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Visas cannot be sponsored.