Post: Wraparound Care Assistant - After School Club
Grade: Scale point 5-6 (depending on experience) / NJC 5-6 (£12.18-12.38 per hour)
Hours: Term time only (3.20-5.20pm) Monday to Thursday
Reports: to Principal
We are looking for a energetic individual support, engage and look after children in the Wraparound Care Club – after school
Are you an engaging individual who already or would like to work with Primary School aged children and could inspire them through activities that could include Sports, Games, Creative activities like Cooking & Art etc, with freedom to use our lovely school setting both indoors and out as appropriate. Can you create a relaxing fun environment for our pupils after a busy day of learning in school. With the support of the management team can you develop a plan of age-appropriate activities to follow by using your imagination. Organisation and planning skills are a must. Having experience of working with children is preferable but not essential. The ability to follow safeguarding protocol is an essential requirement of the role.
- To maintain an on-line register
- To plan and set up activities ready for the start of wraparound care and tidying away afterwards
- Some movement of chairs and tables maybe necessary
- To prepare and serve snacks as appropriate
- Maintain paediatric first aid qualification & food hygiene certificate (level 2)
- To complete safeguarding on-line training as directed by Excalibur Academies Trust
- To care for children, offering an appropriate level of support and guidance
- To advise the Principal/DSL of any Safeguarding concerns e.g. over children, child protection, parents/carers or the safety of equipment being used.
- To keep confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the Principal
The jobholder may be required to perform duties other than those given in the job description. Particular duties and responsibilities may vary from time to time without changing the overall level of responsibility. Such variations are a common occurrence and would not justify a re-evaluation of the post. However, in cases where a permanent and substantial change in duties and responsibilities of a post occurs, consistent with a higher level of responsibility, then the post would be eligible for re-evaluation.
For further information or to arrange a visit to the school please contact Fiona Allen (School Business Manager) at FAllen@lambourn.excalibur.org.uk or call the school office on 01488 71479.
We reserve the right to appoint prior to the closing date, therefore early applications are recommended.
Excalibur Academies Trust is an equal opportunities employer. The Trust is proud to serve a diverse student and parent community. The aims of the Trust’s recruitment policy are to ensure that the best possible staff are recruited on the basis of their merits, abilities and suitability for the position; to ensure that all job applicants are considered equally and consistently; to ensure that no job applicant is treated unfairly on any grounds including race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or religious belief, sex or sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, disability or age; and to ensure that the School meets its commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people by carrying out all necessary pre-employment checks.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Visas cannot be sponsored.