This job expired on 13 April 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
13 April 2023 at 12pm (midday)
20 March 2023
- Early years, Key stage 1
- View all Full timejobs - Start Date: September 2023 Hours: Full-time or Part-time (due to the flexibility of our team we are accepting applications on a full time or part time basis - please indicate this on your application form)
- View all Part timejobs - Start Date: September 2023 Hours: Full-time or Part-time (due to the flexibility of our team we are accepting applications on a full time or part time basis - please indicate this on your application form)
- Main Scale
What skills and experience we're looking for
‘No job is more important than working with children in the early years’. DfE Development Matters.
The Governing Body is looking to appoint a positive, proactive and highly motivated EYFS/Year 1 teacher to teach our mixed age EYFS and Year 1 class.
The core purpose of this role is to provide high quality teaching and learning that meets the needs of the pupils at Mawnan CE VA Primary School and that will enable the school to achieve its vision.
To achieve success, the teacher will:
- Plan and deliver high quality teaching and learning to secure the highest possible levels of attainment for all pupils
- Set high expectations for all pupils at the school
- Evaluate pupil performance and identify priorities for continuous improvement
- Encourage the involvement of parents and carers
- Create a learning environment that is engaging, happy and fulfilling for all pupils
- Demonstrate a commitment to your own Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
What the school offers its staff
We are a village
Primary School with current capacity for 135
pupils, situated in beautiful grounds in Mawnan Smith. Our brilliant
school is both successful (‘Good’ OFSTED, April 2017) and popular.
Mawnan School is very much part of the village community, with fantastic support from parents, governors, community groups and the church.
We are dedicated to preparing our pupils for life-long learning by developing them to be curious, enthusiastic, collaborative, respectful and independent individuals.
We are able to offer you:
- A welcoming and caring school with happy, motivated and well-behaved children
- An experienced HLTA to work alongside you
- A well-resourced learning environment and grounds in a stunning rural location, including an outdoor classroom, a highly-prized garden, and a nature reserve.
- A significant opportunity for professional development and commitment to training
- A supportive headteacher, staff team and governing body who care about staff well-being and professional development
- Positive and dedicated families
- A chance to make a real difference for all the children in our school, and in a very collaborative and appreciative community
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please telephone or email the school for an appointment (01326 250660)
To gain a feel for our school please visit our website at www.mawnanschool.com
Further details about the role
See Job Description and Teacher Personal Specification
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Mawnan CofE VA Primary School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, Church of England, ages 4 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 136 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Mawnan CofE VA Primary School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01326 250660
A village primary school set in a rural location near to the coast.
Arranging a visit to Mawnan CofE VA Primary School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Teacher Parc Eglos School Year 6
Parc Eglos School
Church Hill, Helston, Cornwall, TR13 8UP
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Cornwall