We are a large, innovative primary school looking to appoint a Cover Supervisor. You will be required to teach whole classes during the short and medium term absence of the class teacher, organising the planned and day to day teaching cover as well as giving feedback to pupils. We need an enthusiastic, child-centred and flexible person to support and challenge our children to become life-long learners.
We value continued professional development and support all our staff through a variety of strategies. We have a clear and thorough induction process to build initial confidence and awareness of whole school approaches and expectations. We recently started an exciting partnership with Ivy Learning Trust, a highly successful multi-academy trust.
This post is full-time - Monday to Friday, term time only.
Visits to see our school to meet our children and the team are warmly encouraged.
Martins Wood School is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children , all post holders are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. As part of our due diligence, we will be carrying out an online search at the point of shortlisting.
Candidates are encouraged to submit their application as soon as possible as the school may arrange interviews as and when applications are received.
- Supervise activities and self-directed learning in the short-term planned/unplanned absence of teachers to provide continuity of learning for pupils.
- Manage the behaviour of pupils whilst they are undertaking this work to ensure a constructive environment.
- Respond to any questions from pupils about process and procedures.
- Deal with any immediate problems or emergencies according to the school’s policies and procedures, when possible.
- Collect completed work after the lesson and pass to the appropriate teacher.
- Report as appropriate using the school’s agreed referral procedures, on the behaviour of pupils during the class and on any problems arising.
- Cover for the absence of Teaching Assistants.
- When not engaged in cover of teachers or Teaching Assistants, proactively seek CPD opportunities, prepare resources for emergency cover, read plans for next session, mark work from previous session.
8.45am - 4.30pm, term time only.
Ivy Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding the wellbeing of our pupils and young people. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS and online social media check. Further information about the disclosure can be found at https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/disclosure-and-barring-service.
Employment at Ivy Learning Trust is also subject to:
Barred list check (regulated activity roles)
Section 128 check (for applicable roles)
Overseas criminal records check (where required)
Right to work in the UK
Evidence of qualifications applicable to the role
Confirmation of registration with applicable registered body where applicable
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.