L6 - L10 £47,735 - £52,723
This is an exceptional opportunity to play a significant role in an outstanding school that is forward thinking and invests in the professional development of all its staff. Join a team of professionals who believe wholeheartedly in making a difference to the lives of our children.
The Governing Body of Hunter’s Bar Junior School are looking to appoint a dynamic Deputy Head teacher with responsibility for inclusion from September 2021. This is a non-teaching role.
The successful candidate should:
• Have the courage and willingness to make mistakes in the pursuit of excellence and the humility to learn from them
• Strive for personal best, by being reflective, resilient, hardworking and adaptable
• Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills; listen to and consider the views of others, communicate effectively and develop positive relationships with all stakeholders
• Have the confidence to question others and provide a level of challenge to colleagues
• Be decisive, consistent and rigorously focused on solutions
• Have the determination to promote equality of opportunity throughout all aspects of school life.
• Demonstrate the capacity to lead others, to motivate, inspire and empower them to reach their potential
• Be a champion of inclusion, capable of igniting lifelong learning for children with SEND and disadvantaged learners
• Recognise that although education is a serious business, we don’t need to take ourselves too seriously and having a sense of humour is something of value
• Have a commitment to their own professional growth
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Local authority maintained school
353 pupils enrolled
7 to 11
About Hunter's Bar Junior School
We are a larger than average junior school based in the south west of Sheffield and are proud of our diverse student body who come from all over the city; making Hunter’s Bar Junior School an exciting and unique place to work.
• an inspiring and forward thinking leadership team
• a school recognised as a national excellence hub for CPD (Teacher Development Trust) and an EFA Ambassador School (SSAT)
• a friendly, energetic and collaborative team who work together and share ideas
• specific and targeted research based continuous professional development delivered internally and externally
• the opportunity and freedom to explore, develop and grow professionally within the school
• a school that shuts at 5.30pm because we believe our staff should also have a life
This is an exciting time for Hunter’s Bar Junior School. We are looking for someone to work alongside the Headteacher, staff and governors to shape the future direction of the school.
Arranging a visit to Hunter's Bar Junior School
Visits to the school are unfortunately not possible at the current time. The Headteacher, Michael Watson is running Zoom information sessions where he will give some further information about the school and answer any questions you may have prior to the closing date for applications.
The Zoom information sessions will have a maximum capacity of 10, please e-mail email@example.com to book a place.
Session 1 – Thursday 1st April 3.45 – 4.15pm
Session 2 – Thursday 1st April 4.30 – 5.00pm
Session 3 – Thursday 15th April 3.45 – 4.15pm
Session 4 – Thursday 15th April 4.30 – 5.00pm
There will be a final information session on Tuesday 20th April at 4.00 – 5.00 for anyone who was not able to make any of the previous sessions. There will be no maximum occupancy for this meeting.
Whiston Worrygoose Junior and Infant School
Hall Close Avenue, Rotherham, South Yorkshire, S60 4AG