Ravensdale Primary School, Coventry, West Midlands
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||£51,311 to £56,579|
|Leadership level||Senior Leader|
Deputy Headteacher (Learning and Teaching)
Full time, permanent post.
**Please note revised and extended application dates.**
Required for September 2020.
Ravensdale is seeking a warm, empathetic Deputy Headteacher who will love our staff and children and focus on curriculum development.
We are already proud of our vibrant, well-resourced school and enthusiastic children, but we want to develop further. The Governing Body wishes to ensure that our 466 pupils receive the very best.
• be a vibrant practitioner
• be ambitious for our children and yourself
• be an advocate of ‘unconditional positive regard’
• be a highly effective practitioner who understands learning and teaching
• be a strategic thinker with the ability to create close working relationships
• be warm and emotionally aware; able to nurture and care for our children and staff
• have high expectations of yourself and others
• be a passionate learner yourself, about learning, leadership and children
• understand curriculum development at a whole school level
• be able to take on a variety of other responsibilities, for example overseeing inclusion (SENCO in post).
Applications are invited from current senior leaders with appropriate management experience.
Expected teaching commitment: approximately one day per week.
If you are a new or experienced Deputy Headteacher we will offer a wide range of professional development opportunities to enable you to develop and build upon your skills and expertise.
Our job advert on wmjobs.co.uk has the Person Specification, Job Description, Application Forms and Letter to Applicants and other details for your information. Our school website has more general information:
For an informal discussion or to request an application pack, please call the school office on 024 7644 4966 or e-mail Peter Merrylees, the School Business Manager email@example.com
All candidates are expected to make contact with the school. All applications will be responded to.
Closing date: *revised* midday, Friday 1st May 2020.
Shortlisting: Early May
Interview date: May 2020 to be confirmed. Interviews will be conducted by video.
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We ensure that the highest priority is given to following safeguard children and young people, following all regulations and guidance.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure (DBS) and the usual medical health checks.
- DH job description and person specification March2020 v3.docx  0.07 MB
- Letter to applicants v2.docx  0.08 MB
- Application Form - Ravensdale - DHT.docx  0.08 MB
|School type||LA Maintained School|
|School size||460 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||2 to 11|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Ravensdale Primary School website (opens in a new window)|
Ravensdale Road, Coventry, West Midlands, CV2 5GQ