L10 – L14 £60,701 – £66,114)
All members of the school’s Senior Leadership Team are expected to:
• Demonstrate leadership by example.
• Set high standards, acting as role models for colleagues.
• Show a commitment to enabling all pupils to maximise their achievements.
• Contribute to the provision of a safe, secure learning environment.
• Support the Federation endeavours to meet the needs of the communities we serve.
• Lead and manage staff in a way that promotes their skills, confidence and expertise.
• Participate in the school’s performance management process.
The Deputy Headteacher will also be expected to:
• Have responsibility, in conjunction with the senior team, for the development of planning, coverage and delivery of the National Curriculum and teaching and learning policies.
• Support the Headteacher in the school self-review procedures, including the strategic use of analysis of performance data, and the formulation of the School Development Plan.
• Implement and maintain the discipline of the school.
• Carry out Performance Management of designated staff.
• Deputise for the Headteacher and undertake other reasonable duties at the request of the Headteacher.
Applying for the job
Please complete attached application form and email to firstname.lastname@example.orgMore on how to apply
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Local authority maintained school
398 pupils enrolled
3 to 11
About Southwold Primary School
Orchard, Southwold and Hoxton Garden Schools are in the vibrant and diverse community of Hackney, East London with easy transport links into and out of Central London. With a joint pupil roll of over 1300 pupils, we are a very successful organisation with a passion for making a difference. We provide a very rich and exciting curriculum and a no excuses culture for low standards. Because of this, our pupils achieve well above national averages regardless of their starting points and Ofsted have been full of praise about our provision.
Arranging a visit to Southwold Primary School
Visits are warmly welcomed. To arrange a visit, or for an informal discussion, please call Ms Beverley Shore to 020 8806 5201. Alternatively, to request an application pack or to find out more about what we can offer visit our website: