Head of Physical Education
This job expired on 18 April 2023
Job start date
1 September 2023
18 April 2023 at 9am
23 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Full timejobs - Full Time
- Teachers Main/Upper Pay Scale
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are looking for an outstanding individual who will relish the opportunity to:
- Lead the PE department at TGS being accountable for all aspects of performance
- Teach PE (mainly boys) within a high-performing and well-established department
- Deliver exceptional extra-curricular opportunities within and beyond PE
- Further contribute to our vision for education across the town of Christchurch
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young people in accordance with our Safeguarding and Child Protection policies.
- Be accountable for the outcomes of all PE qualifications delivered solely within the TGS curriculum, currently BTEC Sport Level 2 and Level 3.
- To lead the further development of the Level 3 BTEC Sport qualification supported by and accountable to the Director of Sport.
- To be the operational lead for the design and implementation of the Core PE curriculum at TGS.
To maximise student opportunities in PE by liaising closely with the Director of Sport to collaborate on all aspects of PE including shared use of facilities and opportunities at TS to widen participation.
You are likely to be someone who is or has the potential to be:
- An inspirational and skilled teacher of PE, with Qualified Teacher Status
- A passionate and high-energy individual with a clear moral purpose which is driven by a desire to improve the life chances of young people.
- Highly emotionally resilient
- Able to inspire and relate well to the whole community.
- Outgoing and enthusiastic with a positive “can-do” attitude and a solution-focused approach.
- Committed to the power of extra-curricular opportunities in engaging students
- Aspirational for career progression and relish working in a high-energy environment
- Driven by the power of education to transform the lives of the most disadvantaged students
What the school offers its staff
- The chance to be a part of an exciting educational journey
- The opportunity to work with exceptional colleagues and wonderful young people and their families
- An exceptional CPD offer from ECT through to preparation for senior and system leadership
- A strong and supportive leadership, who place value on learning beyond the classroom
- The opportunity to work within Twynham Learning; a progressive multi-academy trust
- The opportunity to work in one of the most beautiful areas of the South Coast
Further details about the role
This is a very rare and exciting opportunity to lead an already high-performing department area and to join a school that has gained considerable momentum on its journey to excellence.
In September 2021 Twynham School and The Grange School (TGS) federated staffing structures enabling us to launch an ambitious and progressive vision for the education provided by our two schools. As we head into the third year of our journey, we are excited to be advertising this opportunity to lead the PE department at TGS whilst being a part of a wider team that is delivering a vision for excellence in Sport, Health and Outdoor education across the two secondary schools of Christchurch.
This post would suit a colleague who is ready to step into curriculum leadership and is looking for a role that goes beyond the traditional teaching post. The Twynham School and TGS federation is now firmly established in Christchurch and there really is unlimited potential for sport to deliver a truly exceptional vision for young people across the town. The opportunity to be part of the team at the early stages of this development is unique and would offer unrivalled career development for an aspirational colleague.
This is a truly exceptional opportunity for a talented and ambitious colleague.
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About The Grange School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 19
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 356 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 19
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- The Grange School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
At the Grange School, we are on a journey of rapid school improvement and we are committed to ensuring we provide the very best education for every one of our students. We continue to be inspired by their talents, not only in lessons and learning but also in their community work, music, on the stage, the sports field and the many other extra-curricular activities in which our students not only participate but lead.
Arranging a visit to The Grange School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Dorset, Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole