Head of Technology
Candidates will be assessed as their application is received, therefore early application is recommended and we may interview before the closing date if sufficient strong applicants apply
PURPOSE OF THE POST:
• To teach Technology to the full range of abilities
• To ensure appropriate differentiation for students.
• To ensure high levels of attainment and progress in Technology.
• To assist the Principal and other members of the College Leadership Team in challenging under-achievement with a particular focus on those who are at risk of under-achievement.
• To promote the Christian ethos of the College.
• To carry out any other specific duty assigned by the Principal or their appointed representative
The Good Shepherd Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We ensure that all our employment practices reflect this commitment.
Essential educational requirements
Honours degree in relevant subject
Essential skills and experience
Proven track record as an outstanding teacher.
Proven track record of raising standards in Technology
Evidence of using data to track, monitor and motivate students
Excellent track record of attendance.
Up to date knowledge of examination specifications for Design Tecnnology GCSE and other related GCSEs.
Up to date knowledge of best practice in teaching and learning in Technology and other related GCSEs.
Knowledge of effective strategies for meeting the needs of SEND and EAL learners in Technology.
Knowledge of effective strategies for meeting the needs of the most able in Technology.
There is a TLR available for this role.
As an academy which is part of the Good Shepherd Trust we offer salaries above the Surrey Pay Scales. Along with your salary there are a number of attractive benefits which include:
• On site parking and easy access to London via road and public transport
• Cycle2work scheme with up to 32% off a bike
Discount schemes which offer:
• Up to 10% off your next holiday
• 20% off a new mobile contract
• 40% off cinema tickets
• Discounts at a range of high street shops such as Boots, Topshop, Apple and many more.
High quality CPD
About Christ's College, Guildford
Christ's College is part of the Good Shepherd Trust and is a thriving secondary school serving the non-Christian and Christian community of Guildford, Woking and surrounding areas. Our aim for the students at Christ's College is that they should develop the core values of service, respect, stewardship, co-operation and love.
- Larch Avenue, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 1JY
- Christ's College, Guildford website (opens in a new window)