Group 1, L6-12
Teaching Commitment: up to 0.6 (FTE)
Bowness on Solway Primary School offers a unique opportunity to join an exciting family school of enthusiastic children, supportive families and talented staff. We are looking for an inspiring leader and approachable colleague who will deliver high standards of academic and personal growth, whether this is your next headship or your first.
The children say – “We know that our superior school is amazing! It is so friendly and full of positivity – EVERYONE here loves to learn. Visiting teachers fight to come here! We are everybody’s favourite”
Our Ofsted report highlighted our fantastic teamwork and our shared desire to deliver a broad and engaging curriculum, which focuses on the holistic development of each child. Ofsted rated us as ‘Good’.
The school is situated in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and as such, our curriculum fully embraces the opportunities offered by the location.
We are looking for an inspiring and enthusiastic Headteacher to:
- Provide an enriched and high quality, creative curriculum, which expects continuing high standards and enables excellent outcomes for all pupils.
- Lead by example, actively modelling and embedding the school ethos into all areas of life.
- Promote and enhance the wellbeing of the staff team, trusting them as talented professionals.
- Maintain strong partnerships with our families and the wider community.
- Be outward looking, and work with other schools in our Cluster to share best practice.
- Encourage the children to celebrate their individual achievements through our weekly sharing assemblies.
What we can offer: Happy, able and enthusiastic children who thrive in a creative, caring and exciting learning environment.
- An ambitious, exciting curriculum that aims to give every pupil a lifelong love of learning and offers them enriching opportunities to discover their unique talents.
- A warm, friendly school which has a tradition of treating everyone with kindness and respect.
- Well-equipped school premises, outside classroom and forest area.
- Significant levels of support from both experienced staff and a committed Governing Body.
The school is committed to the safeguarding of its pupils and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be appointed on completion of an enhanced DBS check and receipt of professional references.
Applying for the job
Application forms and further details are available on the school website: www.bowness-on-solway.cumbria.sch.uk or by emailing Mrs Cozens, Clerk to Governors/School Administrator: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Local authority maintained school
46 pupils enrolled
4 to 11
About Bowness-on-Solway Primary School
In the village of Bowness-on-Solway is a friendly, family orientated school of happy enthusiastic pupils. We are at the beginning of Hadrian's Wall and are lucky to be in an area of outstanding natural beauty on the Solway Firth which continues to inspire our learning.
There are currently 45 pupils on roll - our children are aged from 3—11 and are currently organised in to 3 classes.
Arranging a visit to Bowness-on-Solway Primary School
Due to current Covid-19 restrictions visits to the school by prospective candidates to experience our friendly school community first hand are restricted until after school has ended at 3.15pm. If you would like to discover more, we would encourage a visit to the school website. If you wish to arrange a visit please contact the school administrator on 016973 51384