- Job role
- Key stages
- Early years, KS1, KS2
- Working pattern
- Part time
0.8 (26 hours per week) Monday - Thursday
- Contract type
- £64,143 - £73,559 FTE
PRIMARY HEADSHIP (Salary Range £64,143 - £73,559 FTE (0.8 pro rata, per annum)
Following notice to retire at Easter 2022 from our current longstanding and substantive Headteacher, the Governors of Christ Church Primary School are looking to appoint a new substantive Headteacher (0.8) from Easter 2022.
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly effective and inspiring school leader to work with us to continue to advance the school and improve outcomes for pupils living in Burton upon Trent. We are looking for a Headteacher who shares our values and has the vision, drive and resilience to lead the school. One who is an exceptional leader who is able to support, challenge and inspire our children. Someone who has a vision and passion to take our school forward; with a dynamic approach to driving continuous improvement in teaching and learning.
Christ Church is a successful, diverse school situated at the heart of its community. Our children thrive in a welcoming, supportive and caring environment. This is an opportunity for an inspirational leader to continue to enable our school to progress, building on our current achievements and continuing to secure and drive forward improvements in future performance.
We can offer:
• friendly, caring, well-motivated and behaved pupils
• a happy safe and caring school with a dedicated team of staff
• a committed and supportive governing body
• a strong relationship with the community
• a supportive partnership with local schools as part of the Burton River Collaborative Partnership
We are seeking an innovative, highly-motivated Headteacher with excellent interpersonal skills who:
• will ensure high expectations and successful outcomes for all our pupils,
• has a commitment to maintaining the inclusive nature of our school,
• ensure a strong culture of safeguarding which is fully compliant and highly effective,
• develop our leaders to inspire and influence others, leading by example
• has a clear vision for the future of our school,
• has the strategic ability to implement this vision in partnership with Governors, staff,
parents and the community,
• has a commitment to excellence in education,
• has enthusiasm and passion for school life,
• has the ability to drive school improvement to secure and maintain high standards of
achievement and attainment for all,
• will enhance the quality of education and management within the school,
• continue to develop an outward facing school that engages with local, national and
• has proven successful senior leadership experience.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged and can be arranged by contacting the school on 01283 247400 and asking for J Trusler, Bursar. Visits will be conducted in a Covid safe way by appointment only.
This post is subject of satisfactory Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced Disclosure Certificate.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing date: Friday 19 November 2021 at 12pm
Shortlisting: Monday 22 November 2021
Tasks and interviews: Thursday 9 December 2021
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.