L12-18 £55,339-£64,143 (2021)
Greenford VC Primary School (Maiden Newton) is seeking to appoint a Headteacher from 1 January 2022.
We welcome applications from senior leaders (Headteacher, Deputy/Associate Headteacher, Senior Leadership Team) who will
- be an excellent practitioner who can inspire good models of teaching and learning
- have a genuine passion for educating young children
- articulate a clear vision for the school have the ability to lead school improvement
have a proven record of inspiring, enabling and motivating others to succeed
- implement a strategic plan across the whole school
- have excellent leadership skills; is a good listener, approachable, yet resilient.
- see the importance of every member of the school community
- value the particular character of a church school and who will uphold Christian teaching and values.
Greenford Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people; and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to have an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check in line with the Government’s safer recruitment guidelines. We value the diversity of our workforce and welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
- An ambitious, successful and vibrant place to work
- A genuine opportunity to lead and make a difference
- Enthusiastic staff, committed to raising standards
- Children who are bright, confident and eager to learn
- A supportive working culture that focuses on positive learning behaviour; and high expectations for all children
- A wonderful school environment in a large village with fantastic outdoor learning opportunities
- A senior leadership team that is highly committed to developing others
- A supportive Governing Body
Applying for the job
Application forms and the recruitment pack are available from
More on how to apply (opens in new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Local authority maintained school, Church of England, ages 4 to 11
148 pupils enrolled
4 to 11
About Maiden Newton, Greenford Church of England Primary School
At Greenford School we have high aspirations for all our children. We expect all our children to make good progress from their starting points, and develop the skills and personal qualities they will need for the future. Greenford School is a warm, welcoming and friendly school. It has an encouraging team of staff who support and nurture children; to enable them to reach their full potential within a broad and balanced curriculum.
We have strong links with the local church, with the school being an integral part of the local community.
Arranging a visit to Maiden Newton, Greenford Church of England Primary School
We are keen to organise school visits for prospective candidates. Please contact the school office to arrange a visit: on 01300 320644 or via e-mail: Office@greenford.dorset.sch.uk