MPS / UPS with additional TLR 2.2
The ethos of Sandling School is to: work together, achieve together and have fun together; this is true of the whole school community.
Our last OFSTED inspection in February 2020 recognised that “leaders know the school well, our pupils enjoy coming to school, parents appreciate the range of clubs available, staff have high expectations with no ceiling on what children can achieve.”
Following the relocation of the current post holder, we are looking for an inspirational and enthusiastic leader to join our senior leadership team. This post includes responsibility for KS2 and a key priority of the School Improvement Plan, linked to core subject responsibility, which is currently English. It comes with class responsibility but includes 1.5 days a week leadership time out of class.
This post will give an ambitious person the opportunity to develop their leadership and management skills for future professional development.
The successful candidate must be able to:
• demonstrate a hands on and imaginative approach to all aspects of teaching and learning.
• be self-motivated and organised, whilst ensuring that your team feel well supported and encouraged in developing outstanding practice.
• Evidence their experience to date, which shows that you have high expectations, enabling all children to achieve their potential and is reflected in your pupils’ progress.
We can offer you:
• effective induction;
• continuing professional development;
• polite, motivated, enthusiastic and well behaved children;
• parents who want to know about and support their child’s learning;
• a well-resourced school;
• an ethos of no ceiling on what children can achieve;
• a strong governing body;
• the opportunity to help shape the priorities which drive the continual improvement of our school.
Please read the supporting documents for specific details on what the role entails. We use the job description and person specification criteria as part of the shortlisting process.
Please note Sandling Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and expects all staff to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to safer recruitment procedures.
This post comes with a TLR 2.2
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Local authority maintained school
420 pupils enrolled
4 to 11
About Sandling Primary School
Sandling is a popular, high achieving school in the north of Maidstone. We are an over-subscribed 2 form entry primary.
The school is well resourced with many facilities including: a library, computing suite and extensive grounds with a wildlife area. We offer a wide variety of clubs for children to enrich their learning.
We have designed a creative curriculum, which is regularly refreshed to reflect current topics and interests of the children.
With easy access from the M20, and being situated less than 3 miles from Maidstone centre, the school is easily accessible by road.
Arranging a visit to Sandling Primary School
We warmly encourage prospective applicants to look round our school. During the current national restrictions, we can offer these after school on the following dates:
Thursday 29th April at 16:15
Tuesday 4th May at 15:30
Thursday 6th May 16:00
Please book a visit through the school office 01622 763297