- Job role
- Teaching assistant
SEND responsibilities (special educational needs and disabilities)
- Early years, KS1, KS2
- Working pattern
- Will consider full time, part time
- Contract type
- Annual or full time equivalent (FTE) salary
- £20210 - £20597
- Actual salary
LEARNING SUPPORT PRACTITIONER
ASCOT ROAD PRIMARY SCHOOL
Part Time Position – 27.5 hours per week – Term Time plus5 INSET days
Working Pattern: Monday – Friday 9.00am – 3.00pm
Pay Spine: H3.5 - £19,312 + £898 Fringe Allowance FTE
Actual Starting Salary including fringe - £12,807.93
Required as soon as possible
We are seeking a talented SEN Learning Support Practitioner to support a Reception pupil who has additional specific learning needs. The successful candidate will work with teachers as part of a professional team providing learning support to help to overcome barriers to learning, including severe and multiple learning difficulties and behavioural, social, communication, sensory disabilities.
We are looking for someone who:
• Has experience of working with young children (aged 2-8 years) – not necessarily in a school setting
• Is patient, warm and caring and enjoys spending time with children helping them learn and grow in confidence
• Has good spoken English and an NVQ level 2 in numeracy & literacy or equivalent
• Is a good team member with a positive ‘Can do’ attitude
• Is a flexible individual who can use their initiative
• Has a natural aptitude to model the Trust’s core behaviours – ‘We display transparency, kindness and respect in all our interactions with others, and support each other in all our endeavours. We are tenacious in our desire to make the difference together’.
• Has previous experience of working with children with additional learning needs
• Has previous experience or a training qualification in working with children with Autism
• Has a Level 3 Diploma in TA / Specialism Support
• Has a secure knowledge of ICT
• Has an understanding of the SEND Code of Practice
We can offer:
• Training to ensure you can fulfil all aspects of the job description
• A positive working environment within an extremely well-resourced school
• The support of a highly professional and committed staff team and the opportunity to expand your professional networks beyond the Trust through our external partnerships
• The opportunity to develop your career within an expanding multi academy trust with a track record of excellent student attainment and achievement
• Exceptional professional development opportunities
• This contract may be terminated earlier if the student leaves the schools or the funding ceases.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
How to make an application:
• Please read the attached Appointment Brief before completing your application.
• To apply, complete the My New Term Application Form using the Supporting Statement section of the form to detail your suitability for the role, your motivation for making an application and how your knowledge, experience and training meet the person specification.
• The vacancy closes on 28th September 2021 at 10.00am, however, early application is advised as we reserve the right to close the advert early should a suitable applicant be found.
• Interview date: ASAP thereafter
• If you have any questions or would like to discuss this role further, please contact Dawn Gamble, Recruitment Manager on 07917 035962 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Website: www.ascotroadcfs.org.uk / www.daneseducationaltrust.org.uk
School Address: Ascot Road, Watford, Herts WD18 8AD
Danes Educational Trust Address: C/o St Clement Danes School, Chenies Road, Chorleywood, Hertfordshire WD3 6EW
Tel: Dawn Gamble 01923 589699 / 07917 035962
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Free School, ages 4 to 11
- Education phase
- School size
- 388 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
About Ascot Road Primary School
Ascot Road Primary School is a 2-form entry school situated in West Watford. There are approximately 380 pupils on roll from Reception to Year 6.
The school opened in 2015 with just its Reception year and has grown each year to its current full capacity. The school has a close community and highly values our relationships with parents, working in partnership to provide the best education possible for our children. Our team of amazing staff are supportive of each other and recognise the important role everyone plays in the school. People visiting the school regularly comment on the calm, happy and positive atmosphere that runs through the school and how welcoming the staff are.
All the rooms at Ascot Road are named after tube stations and every space is utilized as a learning space. As well as our well-equipped classrooms , all with interactive whiteboards, visualizers, we encourage children to take their learning outside wherever possible.
Further details about Ascot Road may be found on our website and enquiries by telephone are welcome.
Arranging a visit to Ascot Road Primary School
Please contact Dawn Gamble at email@example.com