Fixed term (13 weeks)
MPS - related to experience.
Shipton Bellinger Primary School
Part-Time Cover Teacher – Temporary (possibility of permanent position)
• Closing Date: Fri 26th Feb 2021 (5pm)
• Interview Date: Thurs 4th March 2021
• Job Start Date: Mon 19th April 2021
• Contract / Hours: Part-Time (2 days a week) – Temporary for Summer Term (permanent for the right candidate)
• Key Stage: One & Two (Year 2 for 1.5 days / Y5 for 0.5 days)
• Salary Type: Main Pay Range
• Location of Role: Shipton Bellinger Primary School
• Contact: Julie Oakes 01980 843369 or e-mail address:
Due to a member of our team relocating abroad, an opportunity has arisen for a Part-Time Cover Teacher to join our successful, hard-working and friendly team.
Given the timing of this advertisement, we are considering a temporary post for the Summer Term 2021. However, this position could be permanent for the right candidate.
Shipton Bellinger Primary School is a ‘good’ school in a beautiful part of the country on the Wilts / Hampshire border – popular with parents and the wider community. We are a single form entry school with delightful children who are polite and enthusiastic about their learning.
We are looking for a part-time cover teacher to work 2 days a week (negotiable) to cover the SENCo (who teaches a Year 2 class) for 1.5 days and also to cover the PPA time for our Y5 teacher for one morning a week.
Benefits of this role:
• We are fortunate in that we have single-aged, reasonably sized classes of approx 27 pupils.
• All classes have Teaching Assistant support.
• As this is straightforward cover work, ALL work will be planned / prepared for you, so you just have to come in and teach, without any other responsibilities!
• You will also have support from Key Stage Leaders and the class teachers as you get to know the children and your role.
We are looking for a teacher who is at least into their second or third year of teaching (i.e. not an NQT – sorry!). We are interested in putting to use whatever skills you can bring to the school. Salary will be by negotiation, related to experience
We set high standards for ourselves and for our children and work in close partnership with our parents to make the schooling of our children an excellent and enjoyable experience. All adults in our school are committed to providing high quality learning experiences in an inclusive, caring and safe environment.
We are looking for a candidate who:
Believes that all children can achieve.
Understands how children think – always respecting and valuing their input.
Believes in working in close partnership with parents.
Is able to offer excellent classroom practice, coupled with a generous smile!
Is a good communicator, who can inspire and motivate others.
Is passionate about making learning experiences challenging, memorable and fun.
Effectively contributes to the whole school community.
In return we can offer:
Enthusiastic children who enjoy learning.
A fantastic learning environment for you to work in.
Dedicated, friendly and supportive colleagues and highly skilled teaching assistants.
The chance to make a real difference to the lives of our pupils and their families.
A commitment to continued professional development.
If you would like to become part of our dedicated team, and would like further details and an application pack, please contact Julie Oakes on 01980 843369 or email email@example.com (preferred method of application: online)
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and strongly encouraged – please contact the school to arrange.
We look forward to welcoming you soon!
Shipton Bellinger Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All applicants will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.
Applying for the job
Please contact the school for an application pack, which can be emailed or posted back to the school.