Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Will consider part-time, job share
Main pay range 1 to Main Pay Range 6, £24,371 to £36,961
In addition to carrying out the professional duties of a teacher in accordance with the Teacher Standards, the post holder shall, in consultation with the Teaching Team Leader and the Headteacher:
• Teach across the age and ability range, in line with the programmes of study, in such a way as to challenge and inspire students of all abilities enabling them to make ‘good’ progress. Exercising a qualified teacher’s professional skills and judgement.
• Assess, record and report on the development, progress and attainment of students assigned to him/her in line with Academy policies.
• Contribute to the planning and implementation of the curriculum under the guidance of the Curriculum Team Leader.
• Set high expectations for student behaviour establishing and maintaining a good standard of discipline through well focused teaching and through positive and productive relationships.
• Be familiar with, support and reinforce the aims, ethos, policies and procedures of the Academy.
• Contribute to the Academy’s enrichment programme.
• Attend all calendared meetings as required.
• Act at all times as an ambassador for the Academy in a manner which upholds its Christian values and ethos and to model behaviour consistent with the Academy’s standards and aspirations.
• Take an active role in the Academy’s pastoral care of students and fulfil a pastoral and mentoring role.
• Foster good relationships with parents and the wider community.
• Have an agreed flexible working pattern to ensure that all relevant functions, including extra-curricular activities, are fulfilled.
• Demonstrate a commitment to personal professional development and the development of other staff.
• Be subject to performance objectives agreed annually and will be responsible for providing evidence of progress for key accountabilities.
• Carry out such other duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Headteacher.
• Recognise that duties of a post may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the post or level of responsibility entailed.
An enthusiastic and driven team of teachers and support staff
Ongoing professional development of the highest standard.
Outstanding support and training for colleagues new to the profession
Wider school involvement
A strong support network both within the school and within the Magna Learning Partnership Academy Trust
Own Teacher classroom
Free onsite Parking
Free onsite gym for staff
Own Teacher Laptop
Child care Scheme
A fantastic working environment and wealth of resources including full access to ICT
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Academy, Church of England
502 pupils enrolled
11 to 18
About Sarum Academy
Welcome to the Sarum Academy website. Sarum Academy is a Voluntary Controlled Church of England Academy founded in 2010 delivering high quality, non-selective, personalised education to pupils aged 11-19 years. The Academy is a member of the Magna Learning Partnership Academy Trust.
Sarum Academy is an ambitious school, which celebrates excellence, nurtures creativity and engenders social responsibility. We work with all pupils in helping each child to think big, work hard, exceed their ambitions and in doing so be the person God created them to be.
What makes our school different is the care we afford every member of our Academy. Relationships founded on trust and respect are the lifeblood of our warm and happy school, this is why we care for one another, this is why our pupils achieve more than they think possible.
As a Church of England School our ethos is underpinned by Christian values and principles and embraces the Church of England vision for young people, a vision of ‘human flourishing for all’. The four basic elements of wisdom, hope, community and dignity are reflected in our values of respect, aspiration, excellence, service, tenacity and partnership. Sarum Academy pupils leave the school as young adults, successful and thoughtful, and we are proud of each and every one of them and the contributions them make.
Arranging a visit to Sarum Academy
Schools visits are welcome. Visitors are required to wear a face masks unless exempt