- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Key stage
- Working pattern
- Part time
0.6 contract - 3 days
- Contract type
- Fixed term (Until July 2022 to cover maternity leave)
- MPS (£25,714 to £36,961) pro rata
We are looking for an enthusiastic, knowledgeable and committed teacher to join our Year 6 team for the remainder of the academic year.
We can offer:
• PPA time paid in addition to contracted hours.
• Positive, supportive and enthusiastic colleagues!
• A diverse and encouraging community.
• Large, bright classrooms.
• Be an innovative classroom practitioner.
• Have a thorough understanding of national curriculum requirements.
• Enjoy the challenge of learning something new.
• Use clear communication for effective teamwork.
• Be committed to forging meaningful links with pupils, parents, governors and the wider community.
Garland is a successful and popular school, committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and will be required to provide satisfactory references.
Deadline for Applications: 5th November 2021 at 9am
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED ON RECEIPT AND AN APPOINTMENT MAY BE MADE BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE.
The contract includes an additional payment (0.06) to provide planning and preparation time.
Applying for the job
If you like the sound of this opportunity, please ring the school office to receive an application pack. Alternatively, download and complete the attached application form returning it to: email@example.com
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 7 to 11
- Education phase
- School size
- 209 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 7 to 11
About Garland Junior School
Garland Junior School is a two-form entry junior school situated in Burghfield Common, just outside Reading. The school serves a village community and is within easy access of the M4.
School leaders are proud of the inclusive ethos championed by all staff and the emphasis placed on building meaningful relationships with pupils and parents. This was recognised during the school's most recent Ofsted inspection in March 2018: "...a caring and inclusive school, where every pupil is listened to."
Arranging a visit to Garland Junior School
Candidates are encouraged to visit the school. Please phone the school office on 0118 983 2776 to make an appointment.