Vacancy: Pupil Specific Classroom Assistant
4 hours a day, 20 hours a week
Term time + 1
Scale C4 - £23,114 Annual salary pro-rata (Actual salary £10,699 per annum)
To start from January 2023
Due to the progression and retirement of some of our current Classroom Assistants, the community at Dussindale Primary School and Trustees of Broad Horizons Education Trust are seeking to appoint new Classroom Assistants to support the learning of pupils with additional needs. The school, which opened in 2007 is situated in Thorpe St. Andrew, just off the A47 bypass.
The school is looking for Classroom Assistants with energy and enthusiasm who are ready to go the extra mile for our amazing children. Dussindale is a nurturing and inclusive school – where everyone is on a journey of discovery.
The school is looking for Classroom Assistants who are:
- Resilient and caring individual who can develop a positive relationship with pupil and communicate with them in a supportive manner.
- Awareness of/experience of working with a complex needs pupil.
- Awareness/experience of nonverbal communication strategies.
- Be willing to work as part of a supportive team within our Nurture provision.
- Sense of humour and resilience.
- Experience of working with children with ASD.
- Able to support a pupil with some aspects of self-care/feeding.
- Able to use own initiative.
- Help to plan and deliver a highly personalised curriculum under the guidance of the SENCO and outside agencies.
- Work effectively with outside agencies and parents under the guidance of SENCO.
- Support the pupil to engage with activities within our Nurture provision.
- Personalise tasks to enable pupils to take an active part in learning and social experiences.
- Experience with the Attention Autism intervention would be beneficial or willingness to undertake CPD in this area.
A school that is committed to ensuring that every child succeeds
A welcoming team of colleagues
A supportive leadership team, federation and trust network
A modern building to work in
Individualised professional development and career enhancement opportunities
For more information regarding this role please email email@example.com or telephone the school 01603 436180 to arrange an informal conversation or visit with the Executive Headteacher or Deputy Head.
To access the online application and to apply, please select the “Apply for job” button and enter your details.
You must submit your fully completed application by the closing date/time.
With vacancies in EYFS, Key Stage 1 and lower Key Stage 2, candidates are invited to state if they have a Key Stage preference. Full time and part time applications will be accepted with candidates stating what they would prefer to work.
Closing Date: Monday 11th December 2023
This Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations, therefore successful candidates will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether disqualified under these regulations. Applicants must be prepared to undertake an Enhanced DBS check and attend a Warner Interview. Right to Work in the UK will need to be established. We are an equal opportunities employer.
This job post has expired.