- £38,887 - £41,611 per annum
School Business Manager job summary
36 hours per week (8am - 4pm)
Term Time Only plus 2 weeks
Required: September 2022
As a gold standard Rights Respecting School, we pride ourselves in the care that we take of our children and staff. We are committed to providing the highest quality education for our children and both your financial and people skills will develop these opportunities for excellence and creativity. Beatrix Potter is just a few minutes’ walk from Earlsfield train station.
The successful candidate will form part of the Senior Leadership Team to provide vision, knowledge and expertise in all aspects of School Business Management. They will have excellent interpersonal management and leadership skills and will be responsible for managing finance, administration, HR liaison and extended services, and will be responsible for the management of the site including health and safety.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and inspirational person with:
• An SBM or accounting qualification (desired but not essential)
• Excellent communication and inter- personal skills
• Sound experience of financial management and budgetary planning and controls;
• Working experience of human resources management;
• An excellent working knowledge of ICT systems; including knowledge of SIMS and budgeting software;
• Excellent organisational, entrepreneurial, analytical and problem solving skills;
• The ability to adapt, design, develop and procure robust information and administrative systems;
• A creative approach to income generation and marketing
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
• An understanding of Health and Safety legislation and how this relates to school building management
• Drive and commitment to take us forward into the next phase of our school’s development.
If you are a current or aspiring SBM with drive and enthusiasm who hopes to become part of a professional and dedicated team, this could be the role for you!
Applying for the job
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below or from the Wandsworth Council website https://jobs.richmondandwandsworth.gov.uk/
For further information please contact Val Taylor-Walker on 020 8874 1482 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completed application should be returned to the school either by email email@example.com or by post.
Closing date: 15 July 2022 (at noon)
Interviews: 18 July 2022
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Please note that we do not accept CVs.
More on how to apply (opens in a new tab)
Beatrix Potter Primary School
London SW18 3ER
Tel: 020 88741482
Headteacher: Amanda Robertson
Download an application form - 207 KB
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.