- Job role
- Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Science
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
Job Description: Science Key Stage 3 Lead
• Assisting the Science Faculty Leader in articulating a vision for the Faculty and producing / reviewing a Faculty Improvement Plan, highlighting Faculty priorities within the context of the School Improvement Plan.
• The leadership and management of selected staff within the Faculty, including their appraisal.
• The progress and achievement of all students across Key Stage 3 in the subject area of Science including the accurate assessment and recording of progress and achievement in line with School Policy.
• Behaviour for learning of students while in Faculty lessons, liaising as appropriate with other Faculty Leaders, Aspire Leads and Heads of Year and organising appropriate sanctions and commendations, in keeping with whole school policy.
• Teaching and Learning in the Faculty, including role modelling and sharing best practice.
• Quality assurance of all aspects of teaching and learning, including lesson observations, book and work scrutiny, review of schemes of learning (with relevant subject leaders / subject teachers) and teachers’ planning and assessment.
• Representing the Faculty at selected Faculty Leaders’ meetings.
• Contributing to the ‘on call’ system and promoting high expectations.
• Co-ordinating all aspects of exam entries and arrangements.
• Liaising with the Assistant Headteacher to regularly review curriculum provision.
• Ensuring the quality and assessment of Knowledge Organisers in Years 7, 8 and 9.
• Co-ordinating arrangements for the Faculty at all partner school collaboration events.
• Regularly reviewing and co-ordinating CPD arrangements for all members of staff in the Faculty.
• Take on a coaching specialism to support the quality of teaching and learning in a specific focus area.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- School size
- 536 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
At Whitstone School we are proud of the education we provide. We are an ambitious, comprehensive school with a strong sense of community and are striving to create a culture of continuous professional development for our staff. This is an exciting time for us; over the past few years the school has improved significantly. We are committed to raising standards even further; Whitstone is a brilliant school which deserves external recognition.
We are introducing an innovative and engaging CPD strategy, which highlights our strong commitment to the development of all of our staff. We are further developing our beautiful site and endeavouring to create leadership pathways for all staff.
Our students are keen to achieve and have excellent attitudes to learning. Engaging and effective teaching, academic rigour and high quality care and support ensure our students are happy, well-mannered and proud to be students here. Standards are very high; behaviour is very good and we insist on excellent levels of student engagement. We are a relatively small school, so staff know our students well and average class sizes are small. Students leave us well prepared for their futures, whatever their aspirations.
Individual talents are developed both in and out of the classroom and we offer a wide range of extra-curricular activities and trips. We have excellent facilities, including our on-site newly refurbished Leisure Centre and new Astroturf pitch. We are committed to staff well-being and free gym membership at our Leisure Centre is available to staff. Staff well-being is a key feature of all of our decision making.