This job expired on 30 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
30 March 2023 at 11:59pm
21 February 2023
- View all Full timejobs - Directed
- MPS (London Fringe) + £1,500 Harris Allowance + TLR
Performance and Loyalty Bonus + Pension Scheme (TPS) + Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan + Additional Harris Benefits
What skills and experience we're looking for
Do you have experience supporting students with SEN? Harris Primary Academy Mayflower is seeking to appoint an exceptional, experienced qualified teacher as SENCO, providing maternity cover.
- University graduate (Good Honours degree)
- Postgraduate teaching qualification
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development relevant to the SENCO role or willingness to undertake this training.
Knowledge and Understanding of the Curriculum
- Knowledge and understanding of national priorities, current curriculum development and an ability to design and implement an innovate curriculum based on students' needs
- A thorough understanding of quality assurance techniques
- An appreciation of student motivation
- An understanding of how professional development contributes to the raising of quality
- SEN experience in a primary school
- Evidence of successful teaching experience
- Evidence of pastoral experience
- Experience of working with key stakeholders such as parents, governors, employers etc
What the school offers its staff
Harris Primary Academy Mayflower is a successful academy that was judged outstanding in every category in our May 2017 Ofsted inspection.
We are a 5 form entry primary school, opening with a Reception cohort and are growing by a year group at a time with currently 902 pupils on roll from Nursery to Year 6. This will make our academy, which was funded under the free school programme with backing from Thurrock council, the Department for Education and the Harris Federation which sponsors the free school, the biggest primary free school in the country.
We are a sister school to Harris Primary Academy Chafford Hundred and
Our Core values of : Manners, Perseverance, Responsibility, Community and Achievement, underpin everything that happens at Harris Primary Academy Mayflower. They are our foundations and we have a clear expectation that all adults as well as children and staff model and respect these values both inside and outside the academy. These foundations have enabled us to build high quality, inspiring education for our children within the two years the academy has been open. This is reflected in both the exceptional day to day practice here as well as the outstanding outcomes our children have achieved in each year.
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level. We also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes our Harris Allowance for teachers on MPS, UPS or UQT Scale, a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan including access to a virtual GP, electric car scheme and many other benefits.
Further details about the role
- To ensure that Academy practice is compliant with the SEND Code of Practice (2014) and other relevant statutory requirements.
- To work with the Academy Leadership team ensuring an ethos of Inclusion within the Academy and a culture of high aspirations for students with SEND.
- To work with the Academy Leadership team ensuring the implementation of the Academy SEND Policy.
- To ensure that the provision of SEND support is in accordance with the aims of the Academy and the curricular policies determined by the Governing Body and Principal of the Academy.
- To be responsible for maintaining the Academy's SEND Profile, ensuring that it is always up-to-date and is an accurate picture of student SEND need across the Academy.
- To be responsible for the accurate identification of SEND need across the Academy, ensuring a rigorous and thorough assessment process.
- To be a role model with regard to Quality First Teaching and differentiation within your own teaching practice.
- To be responsible for the embedding of Quality First Teaching across the Academy.
- To be responsible for the Academy SEND Offer, ensuring high quality targeted interventions enabling students with SEND to make better progress.
- In consultation with the Academy Leadership Team, to provide a programme of professional development with regard to SEND, that ensures all staff have the knowledge, skills and understanding to plan teaching and learning effectively and enable students with SEND to make expected progress.
- To be responsible for tracking the progress of students with SEND, using a wide range of Academy data relating to progress, attainment, referrals, exclusions, detentions and attendance to identify barriers to learning.
- To deploy staff and resources according to the needs of SEND students.
- To write a termly report to the Governing body on progress and developments.
Commitment to safeguarding
About Harris Primary Academy Mayflower
- School type
- Free School, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 969 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 0203 772 4588
Harris Primary Academy Mayflower is a thriving, diverse and friendly three form entry academy that launched in September 2014 and is funded through the free school programme. We serve the communities of Chafford Hundred and West Thurrock. We moved into our brand new building, capable of accommodating five forms of entry, in 2016, and were rated 'Outstanding' by Ofsted in 2017.
Similar jobs nearby
Danson Primary School
Danson Lane, Welling, Kent, DA16 2BH
St Bede's Catholic Infant School
Thornton Road, London, SW12 0LF
Balfour Junior School
Balfour Road, Chatham, Kent, ME4 6QX
Special Educational Needs and Disability Leader (SENDCo)
Bangabandhu Primary School
Wessex Street, London, E2 0LB
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Essex, Southend and Thurrock