- Fixed term (31.08.2023)
- M1- M6
SEND Teacher job summary
Required – January 2023 or sooner
Main Pay Scale (Outer London) M1-M6 Plus SEN Allowance
Contract Type Fixed term for 1 year
Commencing – January 2023 or sooner
We would like to appoint an SEND teacher to join our supportive and friendly staff. This post would suit a teacher who has experience of teaching children with special educational needs, including autism. We are looking to set up small group provision for a group of children with ECHPs and complex needs including autism. This is a new exciting opportunity to set up and develop a school based SEN provision.
Oakthorpe is a warm and welcoming school that serves a diverse community. We offer excellent opportunities for professional development; the freedom to be innovative; and an exciting working environment with plenty of fun!
We are looking for someone who:
• Is committed to outstanding teaching and learning
• Has high expectations of themselves and of children
• Is caring, friendly and enthusiastic
• Can work effectively with colleagues and parents to achieve high standards for all children
• Has a positive and flexible approach
• Is keen to contribute to the life of the school, including its role as a provider of Initial Teacher Training
• Is willing to embrace our fun loving and inclusive ethos
At Oakthorpe Primary School we are proud to have:
• A commitment to providing high quality education and experiences
• Well behaved and enthusiastic children
• Supportive parents and governors
• Children who enjoy learning together
• A strong a stable staff team who are dedicated to working towards the best possible outcomes for all children
• Excellent opportunities for professional development including mentoring our trainees and contributing to their training programme
A visit to our school is warmly welcomed. To arrange a visit and find out more about the post and our lovely school, please contact Jyoti Thanki on 020 8807 4689 or email email@example.com.
Closing date: Wednesday 13th July 2022 – 9am
Interviews: Monday 20th July 2022
Please click on this link Enfield Jobs and search for the vacancy to apply.
CV’s will not be accepted.
If you do not hear from us, please assume that you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
Oakthorpe is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Therefore, we expect all workers and employees to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks, including satisfactory Enhanced Criminal Records with Barred List check through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and applicants will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands and warnings that are not ‘protected’ [as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013 and 2020)].
Applying for the job
Please complete the online application.Apply for this job
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.