- Leadership scale – point 6-10 £47,735 - £52,723
SENDCo job summary
CORE Education Trust is a values-driven multi-academy trust rich in cultural and social diversity. Responsible for four academies in Birmingham, the Trust was set up to innovate through adversity and to challenge the conventional boundaries of what is possible for our students. Motivated and inspired by the success of our students, our ambition goes beyond textbooks and whiteboards, we are proud to work with the young people of Birmingham.
This role will be based at Rockwood Academy, which is an 11-16 co-educational school. We have the highest expectations and aspirations for students in our care and each school unapologetically puts students’ interests at the heart of every decision it makes.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Our schools are places of possibility and we never underestimate the impact inspirational staff can have on the life chances of our students. We are seeking an experienced SENDCo who is dedicated to supporting pupils with SEND. You should be able to demonstrate how you have made a tangible difference to the education of students with additional needs. The successful candidate will be committed to providing our students with the tools they need to succeed in building a bright future. Applicants must be working towards or hold the national SENCo qualification.
WHAT WE OFFER
The successful candidate will be joining a vibrant learning community with national award-winning credentials. The Trust works collaboratively with leaders to ensure our CORE Values are promoted, embodied and celebrated by all the staff and children in our schools. You will:
• be given the opportunity to engage with cross-trust activities that connect students and staff to their wider family of schools/peers across the city. This includes programmes such as the award-winning Echo Eternal Holocaust memorial arts initiative, The Great Get Together and The COREus Choir
• be provided with a provision of support and training to foster a positive culture of wellbeing for all students and staff
We place a strong emphasis on supporting and encouraging personal development, which includes:
• a CPD strategy that is designed to support the career aspirations of all staff to help them realise their potential
• access to experienced mentors who have a strong track record of developing staff
This is an exciting time to join the Trust. We are about to embark on the next phase of our evolution as an outward facing, forward thinking family of schools guided by a vision underpinned by optimism, ambition and oneness.
Applying for the job
Please complete the online application.Apply for this job
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.