Depending on experience, up to and including UPS1
Uffculme Primary School are seeking to appoint a SENDCo
• 0.4 SENDCo (pay according to experience – up to UPS1)
• Required for September 2021
Uffculme Primary School is a popular and oversubscribed 7 class school set within a beautiful village in Devon. The school is part of the Uffculme Academy Trust, consisting of three secondary schools and two primary schools.
The successful candidate will need to bring an innovative and creative approach to supporting the strategic direction and development of SEN provision across our school, whilst effectively managing and developing the progress and achievement of our pupils. The SENDCo will manage the 1:1 and pastoral teaching assistant team and will also play a pivotal role in broader, strategic developments.
This important post will be filled by someone who:
• Has an inclusive philosophy and has excellent leadership skills
• Is fully committed to our school community and its children
• Is a qualified, experienced, high quality primary school teacher
• Has, or is prepared to work towards, the National SENCo Award
We can offer:
• A happy, forward looking school with a hard-working team
• Good systems to support vulnerable learners
• An excellent Teaching Assistant team who undertake interventions and support
• The support of a SENDCo Assistant
• We are advertising this post with a degree of flexibility around which days are spent in school. This is to ensure we attract the right candidate to undertake this essential role in our lovely school.
Applying for the job
To apply, please complete an application form and attach a separate supporting letter of no more than two sides explaining your suitability for the post and your vision for supporting vulnerable children at Uffculme Primary School, particularly in the wake of the current pandemic.
Please email your completed application to email@example.comMore on how to apply
222 pupils enrolled
4 to 11
About Uffculme Primary School
On behalf of Uffculme Primary School, I would like to thank you for your interest in the role of SENDCo.
Uffculme Primary School is a 7 class school, set within a beautiful village in Devon. We are lucky enough to enjoy an excellent reputation and consequently are very popular and heavily oversubscribed every year. We have a significant number of children who have additional educational needs, and there are a number of experienced staff who support them. The SENDCo will manage a team of 1:1 and pastoral teaching assistants, whilst also taking an active role in broader, strategic developments.
This is a hugely exciting role, in a forward thinking school, and we are looking to appoint a highly motivated and inspiring SENDCo to join our team You will have a passion for working with vulnerable children to ensure they receive the education they deserve. You will bring an innovative and creative approach to supporting the strategic direction and development of SEN provision across our school, whilst effectively managing and developing the progress and achievement of pupils with SEN.