will you need?
- GCSE Grade C or above (or equivalent)
in English and Maths
- Excellent understanding and previous
experience of working with children within a school setting is essential
- Ability to observe, monitor and analyse learning and learning outcomes
- Able to assist outreach teacher with the planning, development and delivery
of suitable programmes for pupils
- Support the outreach teacher to set objectives and targets for pupils
- Can contribute to meetings in respect of pupils progress
- Able to liaise with outside agencies, teachers, parents and carers
- Strong sense of team work
- Understand the importance of confidentiality and safeguarding
What can we offer you?
- Opportunities for
- Free on-site
parking at Springwell main base
- Support and
- Excellent development opportunities
to grow within a positive and supportive team
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Mental Health and Wellbeing Support
- Pension Scheme
- Uniform provided (optional)
- Access to staff benefits
An opportunity has arisen to join Southampton
Inclusion Partnership as an Outreach Special School Assistant on a 2-year
fixed term contract.
This would be an exciting time to join the team
based at Springwell school who are working across the city to support pupils
There are a number of new workstreams happening
this Autumn which means we are looking for the right candidate to join our
experienced team and is a great opportunity to develop and enhance your skills
within the SEND field.
In our recently published Ofsted inspection report (June
2023), we are exceptionally proud to be maintaining our Outstanding rating for
the 4th consecutive time with Ofsted commenting, ‘Staff are proud to work in the school. One said,
‘We’re a really strong team’. They feel that leaders are thoughtful about
workload and responsive to feedback.’
Springwell School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offers of employment will be subject to the full Safer Recruitment process including an enhanced disclosure and barring service check. Following recommendations from Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSIE) for an additional pre-employment check with effect 1 Sept 22, please note, an online search may form part of this recruitment process.
This job post has expired.