Bishop Justus is seeking to
appoint an enthusiastic, energetic and adaptable Subject Leader of Art, who can create exciting, engaging and
enjoyable lessons through which all students are able to make progress in
developing their skills and knowledge. The appointed teacher will be a
confident practitioner in their specialism and bring creative ideas to help
further develop the department.
We aim to provide a rich and diverse
curriculum that caters for the individual creative interests of our
students. Students are taught the basic
skills and concepts through a stimulating variety of projects using different
materials and subject matter. Students
are encouraged to develop confidence in ways of individual expression and
develop a genuine interest in the work of artists.
The person joining the department will have a strong enthusiasm
for the subject, enjoy teaching and be forward thinking. The post
requires effective communication skills and a collaborative approach;it
offers an excellent opportunity to join a key department with scope to
contribute to other subject areas, the pastoral work of the school, and a wide
range of extra-curricular activities.
Our ideal candidate
- Be an excellent Teacher of Art.
to teach their subject to students of all abilities at all Key Stages 3, 4 and
- Have a love of the subject and desire and ability to convey this to
- Be enthusiastic, energetic and open to innovation;
- Possess effective communication skills and be emotionally intelligent;
- Possess effective ICT skills and be open to new uses of technology in
- Be committed to extra-curricular activities including lunch time
- Be committed to continuing professional learning;
- Have integrity, optimism and a good sense of humour;
- Hold a good honours degree along with qualified teacher status.
In return, we offer:
- A happy community committed to the professional development of all
- A distinctive local context ensuring we place inclusivity at the heart
of all we do;
- A skilled and experienced team of teachers and other professionals;
- A motivated leadership team leading rapid improvement to the students’
- A school in which the students are enthusiastic, engaging and
We would be pleased to
welcome you for an informal visit prior to application.
We are committed to
safeguarding the young people in our care and we expect all our staff to share
this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undergo an
enhanced DBS check.As an employee of the Aquinas Church of England Education
Trust you are required to have regard to the character of the Trust and its
foundation and to undertake not to do anything in any way contrary to the
interests of the foundation.
Bishop Justus is committed to safeguarding the young people in our care and we expect all our staff to share this commitment.
This job post has expired.