Subject Leader Art
21 days remaining to apply
Start date details
16 April 2023 at 11:59pm
9 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Art and designjobs
- View all Full timejobs - Monday to Friday
- MPS/UPS + TLR 2B
What skills and experience we're looking for
Bishop Justus is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, energetic and adaptable Subject Leader of Art, who can create exciting, engaging and enjoyable lessons through which all students are able to make progress in developing their skills and knowledge. The appointed teacher will be a confident practitioner in their specialism and bring creative ideas to help further develop the department.
We aim to provide a rich and diverse curriculum that caters for the individual creative interests of our students. Students are taught the basic skills and concepts through a stimulating variety of projects using different materials and subject matter. Students are encouraged to develop confidence in ways of individual expression and develop a genuine interest in the work of artists.
The person joining the department will have a strong enthusiasm for the subject, enjoy teaching and be forward thinking. The post requires effective communication skills and a collaborative approach;it offers an excellent opportunity to join a key department with scope to contribute to other subject areas, the pastoral work of the school, and a wide range of extra-curricular activities.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be an excellent Teacher of Art.
- Able to teach their subject to students of all abilities at all Key Stages 3, 4 and 5;
- Have a love of the subject and desire and ability to convey this to students;
- Be enthusiastic, energetic and open to innovation;
- Possess effective communication skills and be emotionally intelligent;
- Possess effective ICT skills and be open to new uses of technology in the workplace;
- Be committed to extra-curricular activities including lunch time activities;
- Be committed to continuing professional learning;
- Have integrity, optimism and a good sense of humour;
- Hold a good honours degree along with qualified teacher status.
What the school offers its staff
In return, we offer:
- A happy community committed to the professional development of all colleagues;
- A distinctive local context ensuring we place inclusivity at the heart of all we do;
- A skilled and experienced team of teachers and other professionals;
- A motivated leadership team leading rapid improvement to the students’ life chances;
- A school in which the students are enthusiastic, engaging and thoughtful.
We would be pleased to welcome you for an informal visit prior to application.
We are committed to safeguarding the young people in our care and we expect all our staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.As an employee of the Aquinas Church of England Education Trust you are required to have regard to the character of the Trust and its foundation and to undertake not to do anything in any way contrary to the interests of the foundation.
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Bishop Justus CofE School
- School type
- Academy, Church of England, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1350 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Bishop Justus CofE School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
Arranging a visit to Bishop Justus CofE School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Acland Burghley School
Burghley Road, London, NW5 1UJ
Three Rivers Academy
Bell Farm Way, Walton-on-Thames, Surrey, KT12 5EJ
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Bromley and Kent and Medway