- Qualified Teacher Main Scale (Excellent opportunity for an Early Career Teacher)
Teacher job summary
We are looking to appoint two full-time Teachers to join our enthusiastic and talented team. We are dedicated to providing the very best and flexible education for all our children and have high expectations for everyone in our school. Due to the needs of our Young People experience of teaching / working with SEN / Disability / ASC students is essential. Experience of supporting transitions and / or off-site curriculum visits is also an advantage.
One post will cover Primary and the other Secondary but a willingness to work across is an advantage, subject area’s are flexible. Experience of teaching and supporting a broad spectrum of SEN is important.
For all posts you will be:-
• Able to deliver effective teaching to the whole class, groups and individuals so that teaching objectives are met.
• Effectively planning the curriculum, with colleagues and other professionals where necessary, in line with school policy, to secure high quality learning for pupils with complex, challenging and ever changing needs. Ensuring clear teaching objectives, content, lesson structures and sequences appropriate to the subject matter and individual needs of pupils.
• Delivering the curriculum through a range of lessons designed to stimulate and motivate pupils’ learning and meet individual targets / needs and be able to provide students with a positive learning environment to aid progress.
• Managing students behaviour in accordance with school policy
• Able to inspire and motivate learners of all abilities
• Able to lead assessments that ensure children make outstanding progress
• A strong team player, committed to working with others
• Patient, calm and work well under pressure
• Creative, flexible and approachable
• Communicate confidently and effectively with students, families, other staff and professionals
We can offer you:-
• Highly skilled and supportive colleagues
• An inclusive ethos where every child is nurtured, challenged and valued
• A strong CPD programme, with excellent support and development opportunities for ECTs
• A warm and friendly environment where we all aspire to be the best that we can be
As an organisation assessing applicants’ suitability for positions which are included in the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order using criminal record checks processed through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Newman School complies fully with the code of practice and undertakes to treat all applicants for positions fairly. Newman School undertakes not to discriminate unfairly against any subject of a criminal record check on the basis of a conviction or other information revealed.
Newman School is committed to the fair treatment of its staff and potential staff, regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. We actively promote equality of opportunity for all with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and welcome applications from a wide range of candidates, including those with criminal records.
Having a criminal record will not necessarily bar a person from working in school. This will depend on the nature of the position and the circumstances and background of the offence(s).
If shortlisted, you will be asked to complete and return a Criminal Records Declaration Form prior to interview. At interview, or in a separate discussion, Newman School ensures that an open and measured discussion takes place on the subject of any offences or other matter that might be relevant to the position. Failure to reveal information that is directly relevant to the position sought could lead to withdrawal of an offer of employment.
Failure to declare a relevant conviction, caution or pending police action, will disqualify the applicant from appointment or result in summary dismissal if the discrepancy comes to light later. If applicants would like to discuss whether a conviction held would debar them from working in the position applied for, they should telephone Human Resources on (01709) 334141 in confidence, for advice.
All applications should be made online via email and queries via telephone to 01709 828262. Please mark your application clearly with the vacancy reference and return all application forms by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please follow the link to find details of school policy: https://www.newmanschool.co.uk/info/statutory/
Applying for the job
All applications should be made online via email and queries via telephone to 01709 828262. Please mark your application clearly with the vacancy reference (REQ04016), noting the role you have a preference for and return all application forms by email to: email@example.comDownload an application form - 306 KB
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.