Teacher of English
This job expired on 19 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
19 March 2023 at 11:59pm
1 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Englishjobs
- View all Full timejobs - Monday to Friday, Full Time
What skills and experience we're looking for
Bishop Justus is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, energetic and adaptable Teacher of English who can demonstrate excellent subject knowledge. We are driven by a pursuit of high academic standards regardless of background and a desire for all students to experience an exceptional education. We are open to applications from experienced teachers or ambitious newcomers.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be an excellent Teacher of English;
- Have a love of the subject and desire and ability to convey this to students;
- Be enthusiastic, energetic and open to innovation;
- Possess effective communication skills and be emotionally intelligent;
- Possess effective ICT skills and be open to new uses of technology in the workplace;
- Be committed to extra-curricular activities including lunch time activities;
- Be committed to continuing professional learning;
- Have integrity, optimism and a good sense of humour;
- Hold a good honours degree along with qualified teacher status.
What the school offers its staff
In return, we offer:
- A happy community committed to the professional development of all colleagues;
- A distinctive local context ensuring we place inclusivity at the heart of all we do;
- A skilled and experienced team of teachers and other professionals;
- A motivated leadership team leading rapid improvement to the students’ life chances;
- A school in which the students are enthusiastic, engaging and thoughtful.
We would be pleased to welcome you for an informal visit prior to application.
We are committed to safeguarding the young people in our care and we expect all our staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
As an employee of the Aquinas Church of England Education Trust you are required to have regard to the character of the Trust and its foundation and to undertake not to do anything in any way contrary to the interests of the foundation.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Bishop Justus CofE School
- School type
- Academy, Church of England, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1350 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Bishop Justus CofE School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 0208 315 8130
Arranging a visit to Bishop Justus CofE School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Woolwich Polytechnic School
Hutchins Road, London, SE28 8AT
Our Lady's Catholic High School
6-16 Amhurst Park, London, N16 5AF
Epping St Johns Church of England School
Bury Lane, Epping, Essex, CM16 5JB
The Victory Academy
Magpie Hall Road, Chatham, Kent, ME4 5JB
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Bromley and Kent and Medway