Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
MPS/UPR with outer London allowance
To plan and deliver effective lessons
• To participate in the development of new teaching and learning strategies
• To contribute to the development and organisation of resources
• To keep accurate records of student assessment and progression as part of our student tracking process
• To attend meetings of the department or those relating to a particular course
• To take part in other activities commensurate with the post
• To keep accurate records of attendance
• To be a form tutor and undertake pastoral duties
• To take part in the school’s staff development programme & attend relevant training
• To attend meetings as required
• Support the aims, policies & ethos of the school
• Set a good example in terms of dress, punctuality and attendance
• To play a full part in the life of the school community
• To comply with the school’s Health and Safety Policy
• Comply with school’s safeguarding procedures
Applying for the job
Please complete an application form from our school website and return to email@example.com
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Local authority maintained school
912 pupils enrolled
11 to 18
About Oak Wood School
TEACHER OF MATHEMATICS MPS/UPR with outer London allowance
Required for Autumn 2021 start
We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified and enthusiastic teacher to join our thriving Mathematics department. Applications are welcome from experienced and newly qualified teachers able to teach Mathematics throughout the ability range at KS3, KS4 and KS5. Excellent support is available from a very experienced team.
All students study GCSE Mathematics at Key Stage 4. The subject is also popular in the Sixth Form, where A Level Mathematics is currently offered.
Oak Wood School is a truly inclusive mixed, multi-ethnic 11-18 school that embraces all aspects of comprehensive education. The curriculum is well balanced and reflects the needs of all our students and the local community.
Situated on a large site close to Heathrow Airport and the centre of Hillingdon, Oak Wood School has much to offer:
• a commitment to the professional development of all its staff to become outstanding teachers and leaders
• staff wellbeing programme
• childcare and cycle to school vouchers
• excellent transport links (by train 45 minutes to central London), bus routes 427, 278 & U2, train (Chiltern Railways, Great Western Railway and Underground (Metropolitan & Piccadilly)
• on-site parking including electric charging facilities
• on-site catering facilities.