Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
We are keen to appoint a highly motivated, well-qualified and inspirational Maths teacher who is, or has the capacity to become, an outstanding teacher. The candidate should have the ability to deliver Maths at KS3 and KS4.
Over recent years, our Maths department has firmly established itself as the highest performing in Solihull Borough – an accolade that we are rightly proud of. Due to the popularity of Maths in our Sixth Form, the successful candidate may have the opportunity to teach up to KS5.
Alderbrook is acknowledged, both locally and nationally, as a high-performing school. In recent years The SSAT has recognised Alderbrook as being in the top 10% of schools nationally for Value Added Progress and results have remained very strong, particularly in the Core subjects.
Surprisingly however, we pride ourselves in being about so much more than outstanding results. We are a community in every sense of the word.
We are looking for a colleague who:
• is passionate about developing independent, confident learners
• is committed to inclusive education
• can sustain high quality teaching and learning
• demonstrates energy, creativity and commitment
• is willing to actively contribute to all aspects of school life
We are proud to offer:
• interesting, engaging, enthusiastic students who want to learn
• a supportive and inclusive staff and governing body
• a hugely successful, ambitious school - determined to build on the standards we currently achieve
• consistently high GCSE results
• a proven track record in - and full commitment to - the professional development of colleagues
• a well-resourced school with extensive grounds
• a long established record of low staff turnover - our staff love our school!
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
1487 pupils enrolled
11 to 18
About Alderbrook School
Situated centrally in Solihull, Alderbrook is a highly successful 11-18 school in the south of the borough. In September 2015 we opened our Sixth Form which is flourishing and providing our learners with a first-rate post 16 experience. The first Year 12 cohort numbered 55 students. As of September 2020 Alderbrook boasts a Sixth Form of over 200 students.
There is no doubt that Alderbrook is acknowledged, both locally and nationally, as a high-performing school. Across the curriculum, the majority of subjects perform well above national values and achieve excellent results. In 2018 Ofsted stated “There is strong teaching in every subject area…as well as very strong practice in Mathematics”
The school enjoys a very pleasant green outlook with wonderful arts and sports facilities. We have an outstanding record for staff career and professional development opportunities which has enabled many of our colleagues to advance their careers not only at Alderbrook but further afield.
Within school we also have a bespoke additionally resourced centre for learners with Autism. Alderbrook has a strong student development department that supports mainstream SEND students. We are a comprehensive school in every meaning of the word.
Our staff work collaboratively and enjoy the support of a community atmosphere at Alderbrook and this in turn enables us to build on our strong reputation in the local community, based on our culture of ambition, bravery and kindness where happy, confident and successful learners, with a thirst for knowledge, thrive.