Grade 3 Points 5 - 8 (0.8 FTE) £15,594 - £16,552 per annum
Avanti Hall is a school that is committed to giving all children an engaging and enriching
educational experience. We provide a richly diverse and connected school environment, representative of the world that our pupils will enter. Our pupils mature into individuals who are ambitious, open-minded and confident. Along with our academic pathway, we also take care to support individual character formation and spiritual insight through the Avanti Way.
The ideal candidate will be someone who is passionate about learning to the highest standard, committed to maintaining a healthy, comfortable environment, and who has a sharp eye for detail, to build on the school’s successes and contribute to our continuing development.
We are looking for someone who:
• Has excellent interpersonal skills based on effective communication
• Has a passion to ensure every child succeeds and reaches their full potential
• Ensures the Health and safety of all pupils
• Will show commitment to enhancing the school's spiritual ethos
• Is committed to their own professional development
• Will inspire, challenge, motivate and support the whole school community
• Has a good knowledge of the National Curriculum
• Is an experienced and outstanding Teaching Assistant
• Has an excellent knowledge of how young children learn and develop
Applying for the job
• Due to the nature of this role, it will be necessary for the appropriate level of criminal record disclosure to be undertaken. In making your application, it is essential you disclose whether you have any pending charges, convictions, bind-overs or cautions and, if so, for which offences. This post will be exempt from the provisions of Section 4 (2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Therefore, applicants are not entitled to withhold information about convictions which for other purposes are ‘spent’ under the provision of the Act, and, in the event of the employment being taken up; any failure to disclose such convictions will result in dismissal or disciplinary action. The fact that a pending charge, conviction, bind-over or caution has been recorded against you will not necessarily debar you from consideration for this appointment.
• Avanti Schools Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff, governors and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will also be completed.
• We want to make sure we are attracting the widest possible range of people to Avanti Schools Trust and ensure that they are accepted, understood and treated equally when they work here. This means we will work hard to understand that each employee is unique and ensuring that individuals or groups are not treated differently or less favourably on the basis of specific characteristics.
• Such characteristics include (but are not limited to) age, disability, gender including transgender, race, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, and how the school supports pregnant women and new parents.
Closing Date: Monday, 3rd May 2021, 12 midday.
• Applications should be by completion of the Avanti Schools Trust application form and submission of a covering statement of no more than 2 sides of A4 setting out how you meet the essential criteria of the role. This should be submitted by the closing date above to email@example.com The successful candidate will be required to sign the application declaration and GDPR declaration on appointment. Any appointment subsequently made will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.
More on how to apply
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.