We have an
exciting vacancy for an outstanding teaching assistant to join our dynamic and
committed Key Stage 2 team.
staff team is integral to the school’s vision to ensure that all children can
flourish and achieve their full potential in all aspects of school life.
successful candidate will inspire our children and support them in making good
progress in their learning and social/emotional development. In addition to
providing classroom support, you will spend a proportion of time working 1:1 to
fulfil the requirements of an EHCP (not behaviour related) as well as carrying
out speech and language interventions across the school.
Ideally, the successful
candidate will possess a relevant TA qualification, but all experience and
training, particularly in Makaton, will be beneficial.
The successful candidate will:
- Be sympathetic to the culture and ethos of our Christian distinctiveness.
- Be willing to take advantage of training opportunities that allow you to further develop your skills.
- Have enthusiasm, drive and commitment to the development of excellence.
- Be committed to creating a nurturing environment that stimulates positive behaviour and well-being.
- Share our vision for outstanding primary school practice and development.
- Be an excellent team player with the highest expectations of themselves.
- Be involved in all aspects of school life.
- Have experience of working with children across the primary age range.
- Have excellent literacy and numeracy skills.
- Take responsibility for observing, planning, tracking and evaluating children’s learning and development.
- Work in partnership with parents/carers when supporting children in their learning and development.
Coleshill C of E Primary School is a two-form entry primary, inspected by Ofsted as Good in February 2022, with a flourishing nursery taking children from two years old.
The school is part of the Birmingham Diocesan Multi-Academy Trust, a dynamic and supportive MAT committed to “life in its fullness” for all, and who understand the importance of investment in people.
We believe our school should be a place where we all want to be – where our strong values are lived out by everyone within school, from our well-behaved children who want to learn, to our dedicated colleagues who are as committed to quality as you are.
Our school stands at the heart of the community it serves, and benefits from extensive open space and an ongoing programme of investment in the grounds and buildings. Our easily accessible location makes commuting from Birmingham, Coventry, Nuneaton, Tamworth Lichfield and the surrounding areas simple.
As part of the team you will be supported by your class teacher whilst also enjoying the autonomy to bring your own unique experiences to the classroom. We understand the importance of the broad and deep learning opportunities that allow children to engage with their learning and flourish. Music and sport in particular are our passions - we look forward to hearing about yours.
- Pupils who are well behaved, love their teachers and want to make
the most of their abilities.
- A committed and collaborative Senior Leadership Team, Local Academy
Board and Multi-Academy Trust.
- Teaching and support staff colleagues with high expectations of
behaviour, learning and personal development.
- A caring culture with a commitment to providing the best for our
children, including pastoral support based on a restorative approach.
- Employee schemes and a supportive environment to help ensure
positive wellbeing for all.
Coleshill C of E Primary School & Nursery and Birmingham Diocesan Multi-Academy Trust (BDMAT) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This job post has expired.